What's new

Awsome point! Knife blade?

recondigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2012
Messages
1,233
Reaction score
902
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out detecting and found this where I was digging. The one ear is missing I thought it was broke but upon closer inspection it appears to have been worked that way. My thought is it could have broke when he was making it or it could be a knife blade. What do you think. It's 2.5 inches long and thin.
 

Attachments

  • image-1534322866.webp
    image-1534322866.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 179
  • image-2865774806.webp
    image-2865774806.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 148
  • image-4182980559.webp
    image-4182980559.webp
    61.1 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 0
Looks perfect I cant see a single ding on it.
 
Looks perfect I cant see a single ding on it.

I know I about filled my pants when I found it. I have found a lot but only a few nice ones and this is my biggest yet
 
it looks like it has some nice beveling on it too maybe?...awesome find!
 
Thats a dandy...nice find.
Thanks for posting it.
 
I found this point in the genesee valley near Geneseo NY. Anyone know what this type is called and who and about how old it could be? I can take more pics if you need them

Dig until your arm falls off
 
You live in NYS and collect projectiles this is a must have book.
 

Attachments

  • image-3641542652.webp
    image-3641542652.webp
    4.8 KB · Views: 224
Awesome thanks!

Dig until your arm falls off
 
Could be on of the earliest European Americans spear point. Who knows watch video below


Check out this video on YouTube:





Sent from my iPad
 
What a great find. Lot older than any coin. Has some nice serrations. I would say you had a great day.
HH
 
Awesome Find! I know your heart was thump'n!
 
What a great find. Lot older than any coin. Has some nice serrations. I would say you had a great day.
HH

I would rather find this than a coin any day

Dig until your arm falls off
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom