Axe head, button, and more

Across

Greenie
Mar 28, 2012
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 3300 - We all started somewhere!
Minelab Excalibur II 800
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I went out with a fellow member of treasurenet today and hit a few spots around our area in Alabama. The first part of the day wasn't to bad. I found a piece of what appears to be a locket. It is possibly gold, however I am not totally sure. I will get that check out later. The quarter in the picture is for comparison. I found the button not to long after the locket piece. I am not sure on the button, however the area we were in was close to a high school stadium. I am wondering if it was a marching band button perhaps? Can anyone by chance ID it? I also found a decent share of memorials and a few rosies.

At a different spot, which was also my last, I did luck out and find an axe head and a shell casing for a shotgun round which appears to be older. Coming from the military myself I am use to modern rounds and how they look. Not to sure on the date of this shotgun casing. I also found something that at first I thought was a .22 casing, however after getting home I realized it had no primer. I am not sure what it is at all. You can see it next to the shotgun casing. There was also some kind of what appears to be a metal brace. No clue what it is! This area has never had any houses built on it though, so it is interesting. Enjoy the pictures.

Axehead.JPG buton close up.JPG
lid + misc.JPG Locket and button.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation. Hamid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread