AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey,
If others are interested. I'm planning a trip up to Yarnell/Stanton with elgatonoche. Going up Friday at around noon hopefully. So we'll be setting up camp around 2:30 or so. Going to play on Weaver Group mining claim and hoping to go play on some other spots all day Saturday and part of Sunday.
Then possibly get it so we'll hit Lynx Creek for Sunday. Then head back. So if others might be interested message me. That way you could ride or meet up with us.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm thinking/hoping my repair can be done tomorrow. Just depends on how long the taxman appointment goes. Then off to Maricopa. So we just might be able to get out of Mesa around 8-9. Meaning more dig time. Dam got to love that. Or exploring time.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know what shape this one is in, but it may be a good deal. Gold Vac. I don't know if any of you are looking for a drywasher.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kaz
If I spent that on "another" piece of equipment. I might as well sign that dotted line on the divorce papers. Lol.
My uncle got his for $25. I checked out his blower. It was a Briggs & stranton mower engine with fan blades (sorta) on top of blower frame. Cracked plug and hadn't run in years. So I'll rebuild and tuneup. Then I'll get new material for the drywash. Hopefully less than 100 to get to operation quality. Then drywashing I go. If I remember it right. It's a pretty big drywasher. Probably pick it up Sunday and start project Thursday.

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey,
If others are interested. I'm planning a trip up to Yarnell/Stanton with elgatonoche. Going up Friday at around noon hopefully. So we'll be setting up camp around 2:30 or so. Going to play on Weaver Group mining claim and hoping to go play on some other spots all day Saturday and part of Sunday.
Then possibly get it so we'll hit Lynx Creek for Sunday. Then head back. So if others might be interested message me. That way you could ride or meet up with us.

I heard there have been some changes with the Weaver claims. Do you know anything about the changes? Thanks and good luck out there.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 933582 Hey All....I am new to the forum, just unpacked my antique MD that I bought in 1978 D-Tex CK-20. I can't believe it works like new, it must be a collector's item by now. :) I did get a good deal on a Fisher F70 so I went for it. I am in Sierra Vista, at Ft. Huachuca. I am retired from the Army and was stationed here in 1977 when no one cared if you used your MD there. Now I am just looking for likely spots where I can practice and get used to my new F70....somewhere where I won't get shot. I did get permission to hunt an old school house which was built in 1912 and still stands today.

If you don't have an issue driving west to Sonoita, Az there is 3000 acres of FS land you can work. The land can't be claimed and is open for you to swing, dig, sluice, etc.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Stan,

Weaver members should be aware that the Apex claim no longer belongs to Weaver. As of a few weeks ago they hadn't yet informed their members. Hopefully they are now updating their information. Also there are some hard feelings and probably some lawsuits going on over errors in their club maps and directions.

Weaver has some good claims and can be a good club. Nonetheless Weaver members might want to be cautious for the time being about where they prospect this season. Lot's of big operations on the Hill this year and Weaver's historically sloppy claims mapping is getting some real attention by some angry miners at this time.

Enjoy the Hill and get some good gold but don't rely too much on the maps or what the office tells you. The Hill is changing and Weaver has been slow to catch up with the new, more professional, breed of miner up there.

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Stan,

Weaver members should be aware that the Apex claim no longer belongs to Weaver. As of a few weeks ago they hadn't yet informed their members. Hopefully they are now updating their information. Also there are some hard feelings and probably some lawsuits going on over errors in their club maps and directions.

Weaver has some good claims and can be a good club. Nonetheless Weaver members might want to be cautious for the time being about where they prospect this season. Lot's of big operations on the Hill this year and Weaver's historically sloppy claims mapping is getting some real attention by some angry miners at this time.

Enjoy the Hill and get some good gold but don't rely too much on the maps or what the office tells you. The Hill is changing and Weaver has been slow to catch up with the new, more professional, breed of miner up there.

Thanks B. I have not renewed with Weavers yet and not sure I will. Hope you are having some fun and not all work. I would like to hear what you think of that triangle shaped claim near us. Looking forward to seeing you out there somewhere.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks B. I have not renewed with Weavers yet and not sure I will. Hope you are having some fun and not all work. I would like to hear what you think of that triangle shaped claim near us. Looking forward to seeing you out there somewhere.

That Triangle is no longer claimed. Look near the big rock where the washes all come together down there. Look at the flood model around there. Small localized placers there - nothing spectacular but even old men have found a few nuggets there. :thumbsup:

Nothing on the Northwest side worth mentioning. The bench in the middle has some possibilities but it's tough to get water up there.

Mostly been up to work. It's all about mining but no one wants to hear about the boring parts. Drywashed in Quartzsite last week. Made a trip to the Congress area Thursday. The diggers will be back in about two weeks and then things will get fun. Got a really good spot for them to tear into. :headbang:

Ruby and I will be taking a break next Saturday to go to the Nuggetshooter outing in LSD. You and Chris should consider going, meet your neighbors and such.

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the tip. I plan to be at Bill's deal. Chris has a Boy Scout trip with his son that weekend. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

redneckprospector

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2014
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New here, will be moving back to Arizona, Apache Junction Area in 2 weeks. Most of my experience has been in the Carolinas and out here in Oregon.

Looking forward to running into fellow prospectors :)

Last edited:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The weaver group should really get with the times to work as the club it should or could be. I haven't had problems myself. At least for now. Just wish they'd get more involved with it's members. It'd be nice if there website was more interactive and informative.
Not that I mind going into the office for a visit. It just gets into digging time. Which of course never seems to be enough time.
The spot I've been working is safe for the moment. Unless you want to count the other members who were directed to my area. Six other diggers in my area. Plus about another 8 that weren't there.
Was bummed when one of my holes was jumped and then doubled in size. I could've jumped it (according to club rules), sure would've made moving material easier. In all though trip was good. Still have to run the cons. Plus I brought home more dirt to process. I wasn't going to, but some habits are hard to break. Just need to get ready to go back. Another month and these other diggers will be gone. Pics to come.
Hopefully some of you guys could come out and/or get directions on where to meet us. I know a couple were going to try and meet us but since little to no cell reception means it's hard to communicate via phone. So hopefully those who'd like to join us will be able to get the info prior to the trip.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like you didn't have the best time. I couldn't make it out. Went to see Larry the Cable guy on sat night, and didn't get back until noon yesterday.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New here, will be moving back to Arizona, Apache Junction Area in 2 weeks. Most of my experience has been in the Carolinas and out here in Oregon.

Welcome back to AZ. You will find plenty of us willing to share a shovel...

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Welcome to Az and Tnet. I live East of AJ,Queen Valley area.
Am in Aj at least once a week.
Promack mining is in center of AJ.
Right on the trail as we call it.Apache Trail.(main street).
Let me know when you get in.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome redneckprospector. I am in East Mesa almost at Apache Junction.

Garret I was going through my photos and discovered that one of those deer looks like a four point buck.

Attachments

• four point buck.jpg
    four point buck.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 85
  • deer herd.jpg
    deer herd.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 88
  • garrett at weaver.jpg
    garrett at weaver.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 105
  • garrett at weaver2.jpg
    garrett at weaver2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like you didn't have the best time. I couldn't make it out. Went to see Larry the Cable guy on sat night, and didn't get back until noon yesterday.

No kaz. We still had fun. Had a great hunt. Though we only ran 59 gals. Which is still more than I've run before. Thanks to AZViper giving me a couple 18 gallon tanks. Here's a couple pics of what we got. We still have dirt to run. Though I wasn't going to bring any home. Lol. I can't resist it.
I tried something new to try and separate gold from cons.
I took a jar, filled it with the cons and water. I shook the jar and let settle. Then added more cons. After the water got thick I'd dump that into a pan. Then I'd add more water and cons. Wound up pouring the sludge twice into the pan. So here's the pics. The first was what I got from the sludge. I was totally amazed at what I got. I figured it all would sink. The second was what was in the bottom of the jar. It was nice experiment to see if I could watch the settling process.

Attachments

• image-302292865.jpg
    image-302292865.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 87
  • image-129204979.jpg
    image-129204979.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 93

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome redneckprospector. I am in East Mesa almost at Apache Junction. Garret I was going through my photos and discovered that one of those deer looks like a four point buck.

Definitely a fork buck. Out here we count one side of horns for the number. Should've known there was a buck there. Great pic of that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread