Back from the cape with some finds

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I got back sooner than i thought, so i thought i would post some stuff. I took the cobra into the ocean for the first time and i did pretty good with it. I first went near a rock wall and found .63cents in clad and a few lead weights, then i went to the actaul beach and found a nickel, a sterling ring, and 2 nice fishing spoons. One of the spoons says "Kastmaster" the other says "Auto-Cast". I had to go to a detecting store that was on the cape to buy a scoop cause i found it was impossible to hold your breath and dig underwater with a shovel ::) I found most of the stuff with only 4 or 5 scoop fulls of sand. I had to come back because my mom has to do soemthings with her buisiness and i have to go to school wednesday, but i will be heading back thursday and staying till tuesday next week ;D Maybe i can score another ring ;) I noticed that alot of the stuff was near a jetti or rockwall, does stuff all drift over and collect here or did someone drop their tackle box in :D

Attachments

• autocastspoon.JPG
    autocastspoon.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 307
  • coinsandjighead.JPG
    coinsandjighead.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 287
  • kastmaster.JPG
    kastmaster.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 317
  • kastmastercloseup.JPG
    kastmastercloseup.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Heres the ring ;D

Attachments

• silverring.JPG
    silverring.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 316
  • ringsidepic.JPG
    ringsidepic.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 925mark.JPG
    925mark.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 297
OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
cobra is a decent detector i think...I know alot of people dissed it as being poor quality and stuff, but it actaully worked quite well, Just to be sure i washed it in fresh water when i was done with it for the day ;D As far as depth, it took me 3 scoops to get to the item in most cases, so it has some depth, and i dug very little trash, turned up the discrim just up enought to find gold ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jake! You did good! Congrats on your finds!!!!

;)

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jake,

nice finds.

Hope you have success when you return there.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Thanks! Im sure i will do good when i go back ;D Never left the cape without a piece of jewelry yet ;)

PDX Lefty

Greenie
Jul 29, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Those are great Jake. Glad to see you finaly got down there with the Cobra. It is a good idea to wash any detector with fresh water when it has been used in salt water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread