Back in Phoenix/ scottsdale area. I Need a mining partner

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have been going up by morristown wickenburg area, but would like to go into weaver mining distric by congress. Waiting until Tuesday to purchase yearly membership. Willing to travel to other areas. I have a jeep wrangler, keen drywasher, and detector. Pm me if interested ASAP. Posted 4/27/15. Will be here until 5/4/15. I' currently only have a gpaa membership. But should gain access to weaver claims tomorrow. They r closed today

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess I need to start by saying, I'm the guy that drives up to your camp to see how you are fairing with recovery. Went out to my gpaa claim today expecting to find chuck at his rv & camp sight. (Chucks an older dude i ran into yesterday) chucks truck wasn't there so I didn't pull up to his camp sight. Continued down the trail, and noticed another miner with rv camping, so I dropped in... Bill, has been camping for a couple weeks now, & is familiar with some of the hot spots and is willing to show me some areas he's worked. We drive to the wash where he & departed friends have opened up 2 sides of the wash on opposite sides about 15 ft apart. He asks if we are going to both hit the same hole or work independently. I suggest he choose 1 spot while I work the other, after a short run,we do a clean up to see which hole is yielding better gold. His spot produces 2 color. The spot I worked had 36 the 1st run, which consisted of about 6-5 gallon buckets for a sample run. Same as his. We decide to run another 1/5th of a yard. Got about 30 color that time. Long and short of it, is we'll double team that spot 2morrow.. As long as the color remains consistent,all should be good. I hate doing cleanups while on the gold, but don't want to run bad dirt if the streak stops...how much dirt do u guys recommend before u guys clean up to make sure u r still in the color?!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Depends on the gear you are running and how much work it is to do a cleanout.
---With a gold cube I only clean out at the end of the day so sample pans are run to confirm the pay streak.
---With a Bazooka it only takes a moment to do a cleanout so I do it about every 1.5-2 hours since I need a break from digging anyway for water, stretching (from digging hard), etc.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sent you a pm just now.
Just letting you know if you can get to a pc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread