What's new

Back in the mountains

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,580
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in my neighborhood this week and camped at Cottonwood Lake west of Buena Vista for a couple of nights. Did alright fishing as usual, regular state limits apply and game wardens do come through here and check at times. Saw a lot of deer but no moose. Moose are calving right now, so maybe farther back up in the woods. Which is a good deal, since I saw a lot of people out walking their dogs in the early morning. Moose do not like dogs and will come after them. If you're on the other end of the leash, well, you may wind up being collateral damage.
6-16bbbb.webp
6-16cccc.webp
6-16dddd.webp
6-17bbbb.webp
6-17cccc.webp
 
that reminds me of the old days where I live.... before yuppies discovered "camping"....
 
Well yuppies still haven't 'discovered' (comprehended) camping just yet unclemac, but they sure made a go at it during that pandemic thing. They're here in force now in the mountains. I guess I want everyone to enjoy the outdoors, even though Wednesdays are the new Fridays in camping areas here in the mountains, specially when the temp climbs in Denver.
 
Moose hadn't entered around BV when I lived there in the early 1980s. However I have seen them a couple times on the east side of cottonwood pass in the last 5 or 6 years.
 
Well yuppies still haven't 'discovered' (comprehended) camping just yet unclemac, but they sure made a go at it during that pandemic thing. They're here in force now in the mountains. I guess I want everyone to enjoy the outdoors, even though Wednesdays are the new Fridays in camping areas here in the mountains, specially when the temp climbs in Denver.
This is the outside temp on my dash doing 12mph in bumper to bumper traffic under the mile hile sun on I25 south about an hour and a half ago. Outside my kitchen window is this nesting mother house finch right now just baking in the late afternoon sun. She should've used the hanging plant on the eastside of my house. You got it man that mass exodus of cooking frontragers will be heading your way. I understand Park county is under a severe fire danger right now. I wonder if they'll be closing off most the campsites.
 

Attachments

  • 20250620_164327.webp
    20250620_164327.webp
    847.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20250620_181328.webp
    20250620_181328.webp
    897.8 KB · Views: 66
Well yuppies still haven't 'discovered' (comprehended) camping just yet unclemac, but they sure made a go at it during that pandemic thing. They're here in force now in the mountains. I guess I want everyone to enjoy the outdoors, even though Wednesdays are the new Fridays in camping areas here in the mountains, specially when the temp climbs in Denver.
This is the outside temp on my dash doing 12mph in bumper to bumper traffic under the mile hile sun on I25 south about an hour and a half ago. Outside my kitchen window is this mother house finch just baking in the late afternoon sun. She should've used the hanging plant on the eastside of my house. You got it man that mass exodus of frontragers will be heading your way. I understand Park county is under a severe fire danger right now. I wonder if they'll be closing off most the campsites.
dry heat... yee haaa!!!!
Right. That Missouri type humidity in temps like it is today is brutal. Here in the hundred plus temps ain't no sweat at all. Yesterday I was out riding my bike in the 90 plus temps in the late afternoon. The breeze I get from moving through the air feels alright. Took this picture as I was out and about on that ride and thinking how cool its gotta be up there on Longs Peak.
 

Attachments

  • 20250619_192328.webp
    20250619_192328.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
We had a yearling male moose visit our house in Silverthorne about a week or so ago. Betting he got sent packing by mom recently, when she had a new baby to care for!
 
Back in my neighborhood this week and camped at Cottonwood Lake west of Buena Vista for a couple of nights. Did alright fishing as usual, regular state limits apply and game wardens do come through here and check at times. Saw a lot of deer but no moose. Moose are calving right now, so maybe farther back up in the woods. Which is a good deal, since I saw a lot of people out walking their dogs in the early morning. Moose do not like dogs and will come after them. If you're on the other end of the leash, well, you may wind up being collateral damage.
View attachment 2213086View attachment 2213087View attachment 2213088View attachment 2213089View attachment 2213090
Beautiful!
 
Hey TR, Park County is always prone to high fire danger due to the wind they get. They will put in a severe burn ban, but they won't close the campgrounds. I've been down there a lot in South Park but never camped in an established campground, so probably they will restrict fires to fire rings in established campgrounds only. Here in the Summit I haven't yet seen a total complete burn ban, established campgrounds included as long as I've been here. Still, I got my handy propane stove that I bring along.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom