Back on the Knoll again but, it way too soggy digging deep. More Ball Jar pieces...

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back on the Knoll again but, it's way too soggy digging deep. More Ball Jar pieces...

...but, it has been raining since late Friday night and has not let up enough to dry anything out so digging is nearly impossible. However, we gave it a whirl for 45 minutes before the rain came back in.

The first 1/2 a foot went easy. Then we starting hitting the muck. From around 10" on down to where we stopped at the 2 1/2 feet mark, we were pulling thick muck to soup all the while finding bits and pieces of one of the Ball Jar Lids and some Ball Jar Glass, albeit, very small pieces.

I have mixed up all three (3) of the "Lids" and Glass pieces so I threw everything from this dig into a container and took a pic. Here's that pic:
Todays Knoll Finds_03_17_2020_0002.JPG

There is a piece of a Prince Alert can in this bunch as well. This makes the 5th PA can since we started our grid layout on top of the Knoll.

Rain came back in and looks like it's here for another 2 to 3 days. We will pick back up digging when it [rain] lets up. For now, we are planning a trip to NW Texas, where there is no rain, to hunt a spot we hit last year.

My creek walk / hunt has been put on a semi-permanent hold - we want to hit some acreage in South Central Missouri that has been set aside for us to hunt (More on what that is about later).

For now that's all I've got. There will be more as I find it.

You know, I really never knew how addicted I was to Metal Detecting until my travel has been limited and this weather got weird. I might have to join MDA (Metal Detectorists Anonymous) if this keeps up! :BangHead:

Happy Hunting and Good Luck everyone. Here's wishing everyone better luck than I'm having.

-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 4

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a friend that kept all his ball jar glass pieces and combined them with other pieces of broken glass to make a beautiful mosaic bar top in his kitchen. Coated the whole thing with pour-on epoxy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread