Back out again today looking for more Hot Wheels VW Parts...

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got two more pieces along with some can slaw, a piece of iron, the end of a cable TV connection (I know better than to hunt by a utility pole), a twist top, a really old brad nail, another nail, five zinc pennies, and a clad dime.

Eventually I might find the entire VW Bug.

More_VW_Bug_0002.JPG

EDIT: I forgot to mention something that I thought was a plus for the Simplex+; The old Brad, Nail, and the Dime were all on top of each other approximately two inches apart, starting 3 inches down. The Simplex+ hit on ALL three pieces which confused the heck out of me. I was getting two scratchy tones (slightly different in sound and volume) and a 77 to 84 with a higher tone. I started digging and found the Brad first. I almost closed up the hole but decided to check it again with my pinpointer. Yup, another hit. This was the Nail. Again, I almost closed the hole and decided to give it one more go and found the dime. Checked it again and it was clean.

Goes to show you that you should never pull your find and close the hole without giving it a once-over.

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 7
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread