What's new

Back posting and have a question about a find

MCollett

Full Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2013
Messages
169
Reaction score
648
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Equinox 800
1000009328.webp1000009329.webp
Hello! It has been a long time since I have posted on this site. Good to be back out and getting stuff to post.

I found the two Minies a while back and using them for scale. I found the smaller one today around the same area. I have never seen one this small. Would this be a pistol bullet or a .22 rimfire from the 1800s?
 
Upvote 6
Can you provide some measurements (width/length/wt) and a pic of the bottom? Just based on the 2 pics I’m going to say (for now, I have the right to change my opinion) that it’s not a 22.
 
Great finds !
 
Nice going from when i used to find them the pistol bullets were about the same dia. But maybe half the length
 
Can you provide some measurements (width/length/wt) and a pic of the bottom? Just based on the 2 pics I’m going to say (for now, I have the right to change my opinion) that it’s not a 22.
It is a 1/2 inch in length and 1/4 inch wide.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom