Back-To-Back-To Back Bottles Bonanza!

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a stellar June this year for antique glass finds! In quick succession, I found an S. Belch CW Soda Water ( circa 1865 ), a Foy-Starr Gravitator Soda Water ( circa 1870 ) & the oldest black glass bottle thus far for me ( circa 1820 ). I captured these eureka moments on my go-pro - enjoy!

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
What is so cool about the bottle find from 1820 it had air in it that was over 200 years old.. I wonder if anything could be found in the air under scientific analysis... Nice Finds

OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the glass
A few photos would be great to see if you get the chance.
Thanks PepperJ!

A few photos comin' right up!

Attachments

• S. Belch : Belleville CW.jpg
    S. Belch : Belleville CW.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
  • Foy & Starr Grav.jpg
    Foy & Starr Grav.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • Old English Ale : Wine circa 1820.jpg
    Old English Ale : Wine circa 1820.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is so cool about the bottle find from 1820 it had air in it that was over 200 years old.. I wonder if anything could be found in the air under scientific analysis... Nice Finds
Thanks Hunter1805!

If that air was analyzed I suspect it would have been pretty pristine; the area it was found was in the early pioneer stage of development back in the early 1800's. I always like to speculate as to how bottles fin their way into the water in those times - tossed overboard from a passing steamer? A fur trapper whetting his whistle? Perhaps a pioneer farmer disposing of his trash? Or, just maybe, a couple of ol' buddies sitting waterside, sharing the bottle!

marconi beach

Jun 28, 2015
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Hunter1805!

If that air was analyzed I suspect it would have been pretty pristine; the area it was found was in the early pioneer stage of development back in the early 1800's. I always like to speculate as to how bottles fin their way into the water in those times - tossed overboard from a passing steamer? A fur trapper whetting his whistle? Perhaps a pioneer farmer disposing of his trash? Or, just maybe, a couple of ol' buddies sitting waterside, sharing the bottle!
Great stuff for sure. Where are you located? My dive buddies and I have found hundreds of nice bottles in Rhode Island and Massachusetts I have started giving them away cause I'm running out of storage space.

Pirate diver

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Thanks Hunter1805!

Could even wash out during lowland flooding.

OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff for sure. Where are you located? My dive buddies and I have found hundreds of nice bottles in Rhode Island and Massachusetts I have started giving them away cause I'm running out of storage space.

Pirate diver

Hey PD, I'm up in Ontario, Canada. I look for items tossed during the Pioneer Era; we have a lot of rivers and lakes up here so there's plenty of real estate to search. I too am having to be more discriminating in what I bring home, as the available space is getting crowded!
I'd love to see some of your finds; y'all have a much longer history down there, thus the chances of finding amazing history is top drawer in the good ol' U.S. of A.!

Attachments

• Glass n' Crocks Wall.jpg
    Glass n' Crocks Wall.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking display!!!! Some awesome ceramics and I really like the pile of pipes.

marconi beach

Jun 28, 2015
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey PD, I'm up in Ontario, Canada. I look for items tossed during the Pioneer Era; we have a lot of rivers and lakes up here so there's plenty of real estate to search. I too am having to be more discriminating in what I bring home, as the available space is getting crowded!
I'd love to see some of your finds; y'all have a much longer history down there, thus the chances of finding amazing history is top drawer in the good ol' U.S. of A.!
I'll try to take pictures of some of my favorites and post them, I've got a few from 1778.

PD

Reactions: DJV

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread