Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will continue to call it a Honey Hole as long as it continues to give me Silver. On my 4 previous visits to this spot I have recovered 12 Silver Coins, a Silver Ring, and some interesting tokens. Wednesday, I decided to re-visit this spot with the hopes of squeezing a few more silvers out of it. My strategy was to hit a few other lawns first, and then spend the last hour or two on the Honey Hole.
At the first lawn I hit I noticed a lot of Iron. I figured that this area had been The Construction Staging Area for the school that was directly across from it. I also noticed another coil swinger and his lady, working the lawn just west of me. They left after about an hour. I couldn't resist checking that lawn. Some clad but lots of iron. I checked 3 more lawns before finally hitting the Honey Hole.
My very first target was a 1941 Silver Washington Quarter. I searched until the sun was about to set. I managed another silver in the form of a 1944s Mercury Dime, as well as a
Tri-Borough Bridge and Tunnel Authority Token. Lots of Clad, Brass, and Iron. Lots of up and down. My legs were sore for a day but I'm ready to go again.
IMG_3544.JPGIMG_3545.JPGIMG_3543.JPGIMG_3542.JPGIMG_3546.JPGIMG_3541.JPGIMG_3548.JPGIMG_3549.JPGIMG_3547.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 15
Looks like a great day! And man that's a heck of a lot of clad! Haha I like your stalker picture of the other detectorists, you gotta keep tabs on your competition [emoji23]

Doggone it! I TOLD him & her to stay outta sight and just track you to your honey hole! :BangHead:

Ah well, next time. Beware out there!

Great finds! :)

Last edited:
Yessir, that's A LOT of clad! Congratz on the 2 silver coins! They're both in pretty good shape!

Silver and clad is all good. You sure found a good spot.

Well done again ATW. You are all over the silver! Congrats.

That's what I call a "Great Day" with excellent results!! Hope you have many more on that site!

Another great hunt by you with silver coins found ,plus battery money to boot.

Homeboy needs to wrap his cord up tighter. Nice creepster pic haha

Holy crap thats alot of digging . Congrats on the silver

Wow! You were very busy! Congratualtions. :occasion14:

That was one great hunt. That's definitely a honey hole.

Nice digs Senor...must still be cold up there. Thanks for the post and Good Luck. C9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back