Michiganne
Silver Member
- Joined
- Mar 27, 2007
- Messages
- 4,403
- Reaction score
- 551
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SW Michigan
- Detector(s) used
- Explorer SE
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hi MI Tnet,
I went back to my alfalfa field Saturday for a couple hours of hunting. After digging an 1848 LC there recently, I was inspired to do more gridding. I shifted my search area a bit north but found better signals to the south. First dug two buttons: a flat button (J. Mann's Treble Standard on back) and then a CW button (Waterbury Scovill Mfg Co). I didn't know it was a CW button until I got home and cleaned the clay off.
Lastly, got a good signal and dug an 1868 IH, which I think is a semi key date.
It was 32 degrees and the ground is starting to freeze, so my season is winding down. (Free time from now to Christmas will be at a premium.) Good luck if you can still dig!
HH,
Michiganne
not my prettiest IH, but I'll take it




I went back to my alfalfa field Saturday for a couple hours of hunting. After digging an 1848 LC there recently, I was inspired to do more gridding. I shifted my search area a bit north but found better signals to the south. First dug two buttons: a flat button (J. Mann's Treble Standard on back) and then a CW button (Waterbury Scovill Mfg Co). I didn't know it was a CW button until I got home and cleaned the clay off.
It was 32 degrees and the ground is starting to freeze, so my season is winding down. (Free time from now to Christmas will be at a premium.) Good luck if you can still dig! HH,
Michiganne
not my prettiest IH, but I'll take it







Nice detail too!






