What's new

Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

Buried Crap NJ

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
658
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

Hunted the 1 am low tide with Matt R.Met another hunter on the beach in the wet sand he had a nice silver chain at that point. Total targets was 52,1 earring looks gold and sounded low but is untested? On the way off the beach I hit the ring dry sand. Looked good in the dark. I am pretty sure its fine silver marked with a (tulip symbol) .999 and (triangle symbol). 8.6 grams
Lorraine any clue on those symbols? Thanks steve
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0552.webp
    IMG_0552.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_0553.webp
    IMG_0553.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 530
Upvote 0
Re: Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

kaptainkosmic said:
This may help, I hope so.


http://www.925-1000.com/

Nice finds, HH

Steve :-)
Hey thanks I lost my Bookmark for one of these pages.
 
Re: Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

Nice day of hunting BC. Silver ring
saves the day on the way out. How
many times does it happen that way?
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Re: Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

very nice finds , BCNJ :headbang:

I like that beautifulo earring

Re : hallmark on silver ring....could you post a pic of the hallmark...I'd love to research it.

I am checking the site that Steve ; posted...excellent link!

Lorraine
 
Re: Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

Lorrain. said:
very nice finds , BCNJ :headbang:

I like that beautifulo earring

Re : hallmark on silver ring....could you post a pic of the hallmark...I'd love to research it.

I am checking the site that Steve ; posted...excellent link!

Lorraine
Loraine I'll give it a try. My camera doesn't do close ups even in Macro? I will try to darken it up with pencil lead?It might be a crown?If I understand correctly the first symbol is the maker and the center being the fineness and the third being the year. While not rare (.999) it is not common for rings to be made from fine silver. It does lend itself one less step in the making process. .925 silver comes out in a black slag that requires heavy polishing. .999 doesn't have the slag during the process of making it. But carries the higher cost in silver content.
 
Re: Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

Buried Crap NJ said:
Lorrain. said:
very nice finds , BCNJ :headbang:

I like that beautifulo earring

Re : hallmark on silver ring....could you post a pic of the hallmark...I'd love to research it.

I am checking the site that Steve ; posted...excellent link!

Lorraine
Loraine I'll give it a try. My camera doesn't do close ups even in Macro? I will try to darken it up with pencil lead?It might be a crown?If I understand correctly the first symbol is the maker and the center being the fineness and the third being the year. While not rare (.999) it is not common for rings to be made from fine silver. It does lend itself one less step in the making process. .925 silver comes out in a black slag that requires heavy polishing. .999 doesn't have the slag during the process of making it. But carries the higher cost in silver content.

Try using a magnifying glass flush up against the lens in macro....that's how I take my photos of stampings and hallmarks inside bands. I find that it works well with my camera.

Lorraine
 
Re: Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

Great night! 1am is past my bedtime. Was there anyone on the beach?
 
Re: Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

Nice one BC :thumbsup:

I love the Grave Yard Shift, you have the run of the beach.......
 
Re: Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

Nice fish there too. Looks a little hard to fillet, but even after years in the water, still looks fresh!
 
Re: Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

What is that little pike ( fish) thing? Look's pretty detailed.
 
Re: Back to the beach for 1AM low Tide

To answer some questions. There were others on the beach not many. I hunted with a friend and we met another hunter from the opposite direction we knew was coming. It was a boardwalk area and was well lighted. This fish thing is a lure with a decal. It was way past my bed time too, I am suffering for it now. The grave yard shift does cut down on the questions though!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom