What's new

Back to the creek pools today.

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
15,853
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My 11 yr old granddaughter went creek walking with me today after church. She had a blast! She found several “special rocks” to take home.
The first photo shows the clarity of one of the pools.
I brought back about 3 lbs of milky quartz and crystal quartz to polish and for rock gardens.
2nd photo:
2 notched rocks that resemble bark scrapers, but are probably natural. I’ve found 5 just like those, this year so far. All notches are the same size.
Lower left: looks like turtle shell, but I’m certain it’s natural too.
Finally, lower right:
I’d guess some type of quartz. It has purple marbling through it, in places.
There appears to be (pencil point indicating) a rose or amber colored stone in it. I cleaned it lightly with a toothbrush. Nothing exciting, but a great outing! Thanks for looking.
IMG_2709.webp
IMG_2714.webp
 
Ordinary cobble.

The quartz may have some lapidary potential, depending on nature of visible cracks.

Time for more coffee.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom