What's new

BACK TO THE IRON FIELD

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year and earlier this year, I pounded a hillside with the Etrac and the CTX 3030. Because of all the iron I was finding, it was suggested that I try the DEUS. Yesterday, after fighting traffic for almost 2 hours, ( 2 accidents plus construction), I finally got to the hill. I had recovered a ton of stuff that I would normally attribute to an old farm house or barn. Horse shoes, rein guides, lots of nails, a pile of broken glass, and a few shards of pottery. If this hill wasn't in a public park, it would be a candidate for a sifting site. What kept me coming back was the Silver Dimes and Wheat Pennies that this spot gave up.
I decided to try the DEUS to see if there would be a significant number of silvers missed by the Minelabs. Some of my first targets were deep nails and some iron. In the holes I was digging were pieces of broken dishes. I also dug a fork that is marked "Sterling Plate"
About an hour into the hunt, I hit a Mercury Dime. It was about 6 inches deep. Even the clad was scarce but I attribute that to the pounding that I have given this spot in the last year.
I will probably check on this spot again but after the parks department cuts the grass.

IMG_4215.webpIMG_4214.webp

IMG_4212.webpIMG_4213.webp

IMG_4211.webpIMG_4216.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 26
Congratz on the Merc!
 
great_find.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Nice Merc ATW, maybe go back after they mow and it has rained.
 
Nice digs Kevin!!!! Love the Merc! BTW. Get out of my spot! LOL
 
Nice merc dime & congrats on your finds. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us & wish you many more.
 
Congratualtions on the silver find! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom