- Joined
- Apr 24, 2010
- Messages
- 13,022
- Reaction score
- 28,183
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Upper Canada 🇨🇦
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
I went back to the field for 3hrs yesterday where I've been finding the Isaac Campbell Knapsack Loops and wasn't disappointed! Although I sure would've liked to have dug something other than knapsack loops and a solitary British Military badge.
It's a bit bent... ok it's a lot bent but I'll still take it!
It's not as heavily constructed as the other badges that I've found here, it also has the remains of a small brass wire in the back. This is what makes me think it was possibly part of a knapsack. A good friend suggested that someone my have been 'recycling / reusing' British Military Knapsacks here in the 19thc. This would certainly explain the large amount of 'loops'. I found 20+ yesterday and over 40 for the site... but no hooks, why have I not found any hooks?
I ventured into the heavy growth at the side of the field where I was detecting and took pics of some unusual stone foundations. I think it may have been a barn and a house at some point, it's definitely as old as the house to the west of here on the hill. I plan on getting back again on Sunday morning, depending on how frozen the ground it of course! Thanks for looking,
Dave
Attachments
-
20141203_115442_resized_1.webp64.5 KB · Views: 157 -
20141203_115619_resized_1.webp103.5 KB · Views: 153 -
20141203_115639_resized_1.webp105.7 KB · Views: 140 -
20141203_115805_resized.webp96.8 KB · Views: 150 -
20141203_120114_resized.webp100.1 KB · Views: 154 -
20141203_115009-1_resized_1.webp142 KB · Views: 167 -
20141203_115042-1_resized_1.webp92.3 KB · Views: 170 -
20141203_115052-1_resized_1.webp75.9 KB · Views: 169 -
20141203_132908-1_resized.webp65.9 KB · Views: 155 -
20141203_154016-1_resized.webp52.1 KB · Views: 167 -
20141203_200934-1_resized.webp37.4 KB · Views: 178 -
20141203_201421-1_resized.webp40.5 KB · Views: 171 -
20141203_201348-1_resized.webp39 KB · Views: 173 -
20141203_201459-1_resized.webp43.2 KB · Views: 163 -
20141203_201526-1_resized.webp42 KB · Views: 159 -
20141203_202123-1_resized.webp61.2 KB · Views: 176 -
20141203_202135-1_resized.webp44 KB · Views: 160 -
20141204_154726_resized.webp69.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Upvote
24







