Back to the normal!!!! But that's ok!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we knew after our trip from Europe we would be back to finding the normal wheat pennies and such; we still were happy to just be out and about. It certainly wasn't like finding the coins from the 16, 17 or 1800's but hey, it's still out and about! :laughing7:

We have been debating on downloading the new 4.0 four our Deus machines but decided why not. After a quick download we figured to hit a site we have found ton's with and it seemed like a good place to try out the new programs.

So off to our location we have hit in the past and of course figured we cleaned it out pretty good. Only hoping to hit a penny or two, we tried out the new programs and right out of the gate the son had a war nickle (44-S) and I had a wheat. I thought, well this was easy. Then onto another spot we have walked over that was kinda trashy and we had some luck. After only an hour we had 14 wheat pennies. I guess we'll get back after the work week and start all over again!! :laughing7:

That's ok with us. It'll be like we have never been there!!!

See ya all soon.
20170506_192635.jpg

I'm happy were back home though and we will take whatever we can get, that's for sure after finding what we did a few weeks ago! :icon_thumright:

Upvote 9

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done,, I have to try that new program on the DEUS.
I'm hearing good stuff about it and I have a few spots I would like to revisit.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting out and harvesting some wheat Basque-man. I know the feeling of going somewhere and digging crazy good stuff and then having to come home and motivate myself to get out and look for more modern keepers on the home turf.

Just gotta keep at it and get back into the mindset of digging the good stuff from earlier era of the local area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread