Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went back to the old homestead site today--the weather was BEAUTIFUL! In the 60's and windy. Here's some of the stuff we found--1917 BUFFALO nickel, 1915 and 1919 wheat penny's, front of a button(?) that says "CUR WHEELER"(anyone know what that means?), 3 old buckles, a heart/flag pin, back of a pocket watch, long shiny metal thing that says "HOUSEHOLD" (don't know what this is either!), porcelain doll arm, ice skate blade, harmonica reeds, shotgun and rifle casings--what do the letters U.M.C. on shotgun shells stand for?, round shiny metal thing with raised design and lots of iron stuff! Here's some pictures--hope you enjoy! sandcreek4

Attachments

• P1050079.JPG
    P1050079.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 841
  • P1050080.JPG
    P1050080.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 837
  • P1050081.JPG
    P1050081.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 832
  • P1050083.JPG
    P1050083.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 823
  • P1050084.JPG
    P1050084.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 813
Upvote 0
Howdy Sandcreek, welcome to Treasure-Net.
That looks like quite a nice homestead, those old places are fun to hunt, nice finds.

Fossis.............

fossis said:
Howdy Sandcreek, welcome to Treasure-Net.
That looks like quite a nice homestead, those old places are fun to hunt, nice finds.

Fossis.............
Thanks Fossis! Glad to know there's more OKIES on here :D! sandcreek4

There are several
Check out (General Discussion by location)

Fossis.............

sandcreek4 said:
River Rat said:
Great finds, Sandcreek :thumbsup: UMC stands for Union Metallic Co, I love finding & identifying old headstamps and this website helps tremendously. http://members.shaw.ca/cartridge-corner/shotgun.htm

:wink: RR
Thanks for the info River Rat!!

Rats, he beat me too it. I have dug a few of these this weekend, and had just researched them myself. They were bought out by remington a long time ago.
Anthony

Narthoniel said:
sandcreek4 said:
River Rat said:
Great finds, Sandcreek :thumbsup: UMC stands for Union Metallic Co, I love finding & identifying old headstamps and this website helps tremendously. http://members.shaw.ca/cartridge-corner/shotgun.htm

:wink: RR
Thanks for the info River Rat!!

Rats, he beat me too it. I have dug a few of these this weekend, and had just researched them myself. They were bought out by remington a long time ago.
Anthony

SHE'S A LADY RAT ;D

Fossis.............

Okie Hillbillies said:
Hello Sandcreek, OkieHillBillie here Welcome to t-net you lived in OklaHoma long? never seen a button like you's.
Hi, OkieHillBillie~~thanks for the welcome and yes, I've lived in Oklahoma all my life--grew up in Cleveland, Ok and live near Pawhuska, in the beautiful Osage hills~~~~sandcreek4

Sandcreek, The item between the dolls arm & the "Wheeler" button is a "Fur Trade" era, Indian trade brooch.
Nice find!!
Dale

Ia.FurTrade said:
Sandcreek, The item between the dolls arm & the "Wheeler" button is a "Fur Trade" era, Indian trade brooch.
Nice find!!
Dale
FUR TRADE?!?! Are you sure? :o That would be so cool!! We kinda thought this site *might* be an old Indian(Native American) homestead--the Osage Indians were alloted land here. This place is where I found the holed 1852 big cent and a token with hole drilled through it--I've seen some pictures with Native Americans using coins as jewelry. Thank you Dale(Ia.FurTrade) for the information! sandcreek4

Sounds like an awesome site.
Keep up the finds!!!
I think they stopped making the UMC shell at 1910? or 1914?

lairmo said:
Sounds like an awesome site.
Keep up the finds!!!
I think they stopped making the UMC shell at 1910? or 1914?
It is an awesome site and we're having lots of fun diggin' all this stuff! I don't know when they stopped making these shells, but we have found approx. 50 different shells(shotgun and rifle casings)--I'd like to know what these people were shooting at! ::) sandcreek4

the plate that says Household, is a bobbin cover plate from a sewing manchine.
welcome to TNET

Sniffer

GREAT FINDS. YOU WILL FIND MORE THERE AT THAT SITE. :thumbsup:

Sniffer said:
the plate that says Household, is a bobbin cover plate from a sewing manchine.
welcome to TNET

Sniffer
Thank you for that info, Sniffer! I am amazed at the knowledge you people have on this website! sandcreek4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back