Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Planned relic hunt today in the woods went well. Though it was warm, there was a breeze and I was not in direct sun. The hunt area is in proximity to a early 19th century homesite ruin. Finds: 1899 Barber dime, a Leonore snap fastener with patent date Feb 17, 1900, a toasty 1863 fatty Indian, 3 fired roundballs, and a flat button.
IMG_7894.JPGIMG_7904.JPGIMG_7897.JPGIMG_7898.JPGIMG_7901.JPGIMG_7899.JPGIMG_7902.JPG

Upvote 24
Great day!

Sweet Finds!
how was the site overall? Trashy from so many years of use or was it relatively clean?

Nice looking finds. The woods are really pay off for you. The Barber ends your short lived silver drought.

Thanks��. Haven’t found big silver for awhile. Did find a 1917 merc in July at the BelAir site. Finding a Barber was a longer drought for me. When I shot the video I mentioned the silver shine might be an aluminum tab.

Very productive day! :icon_thumleft:

Nice finds. I especially like the Barber coin. I'm still anxiously awaiting my first one.

.......and no fudge pound cakes---- guess no Charmin rolls left by da bears:laughing9:

now time to sift???

Yep! And they took all the cakes, pies and chickn' thighs too!

Thanks George. I've not been able to id the fastener, even though it has a name and patent date. My Google skills are lacking.

Thanks Brad. Site is in a watershed. Interestingly it is in Baltimore County but owned by Baltimore City, as are the other major reservoirs. The small towns and some of the old mill sites that were along the river and its tributaries are all under water. This spot is well above the flood line.

Thanks dougolf2. This has to be the first Barber anything I've dug in the Baltimore county.

Thanks Silvermonkey. Rang us a 26 on the Equinox 600 and then went higher when I got the plug out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back