jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I desperately need to get back to treasure hunting as I am starting to become disillusioned by some of the non-treasure related stuff that has been going on lately. That being said, I managed to scrape together a buy today:

-possibly Native American or southwest designed pendant and chain with turquoise and sterling (not marked on the pendant)
-pair of buffalo nickel cutout cufflinks

Also pictured is an antique map I purchased last week. I actually purchased 3 maps on a rare "successful" CL deal. These maps are from the Combination Atlas Map of Salem and Gloucester County by Everts & Stewart, 1876 and are of my local area. Managed to score these for $50 for my personal collection.

Attachments

• IMG_2892.JPG
    IMG_2892.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2886.JPG
    IMG_2886.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 151
Some nice finds. I am fond of maps.
apush

Nice finds!!!

I recently picked up an atlas, circa 1895. The binding is shot, and the pages are falling out of it. Moderate soiling to the pages. The maps in my atlas are very similar in style to the one you scored. Not sure what to do with the one I have.

Good luck on the treasure hunt!!!!

clovis97 said:
Nice finds!!!

I recently picked up an atlas, circa 1895. The binding is shot, and the pages are falling out of it. Moderate soiling to the pages. The maps in my atlas are very similar in style to the one you scored. Not sure what to do with the one I have.

Good luck on the treasure hunt!!!!

I would part it out. The maps that aren't soiled could be removed, put in a frame to be hung on the wall, and sold on eBay. I have a set of four books that I bought for a dollar total years ago that is falling apart. If it was in decent condition, the set sells for a few hundred (shocked the heck out of me). I did see prints from the book being sold that way and I think I will getting around to doing the same this month. Might be an idea for you to investigate for your atlas.

I would part it out. The maps that aren't soiled could be removed, put in a frame to be hung on the wall, and sold on eBay. I have a set of four books that I bought for a dollar total years ago that is falling apart. If it was in decent condition, the set sells for a few hundred (shocked the heck out of me). I did see prints from the book being sold that way and I think I will getting around to doing the same this month. Might be an idea for you to investigate for your atlas.

Thanks!

We've thought about parting it out on ebay. The other sellers have much nicer examples, probably taken from a book nicer than ours.

How would you ship these? Sandwiched between cardboard, and dropped in an envelope?

Thanks!

We've thought about parting it out on ebay. The other sellers have much nicer examples, probably taken from a book nicer than ours.

How would you ship these? Sandwiched between cardboard, and dropped in an envelope?
Don't forget to write- "Photos- do not bend" on the outside. I'll sometimes use a thin piece of masonite or hardboard, depending on the value of the item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back