Back woods library

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok on he way back from my parents i decieded to stop at this libray, and when i went in there i found books like you wouldnt beleave on history of michigan... so with my card im able to check it out and my libray in rochester will take it back.... this book has every fort in michigan every trail from 1600s. about banks back in the day and how people hid there money and where.. what land was here old towns now gone or destoyed in the 1800s. with maps no less this is a book or a diamond in the rough, i know my problem finding stuff im in the wrong area in michigan.. this has names of islands that now are diffrent names and a few treasure tales i have gotten and with this im smacking my head going you got to be kidding me i would went way out of my way to find nothing ..people in the U.P. you got places there as well.. im amazed on this book. has names of missonarys and where they went and why.. has even stuff on the minerals here... I may have to keep this book and just pay for it.. made the rochester libray look bad on information i was looking for on ghost towns or lost settlements.. just thought i share this before i get my pencil ready becuse if it is warm as they say on wendsday im heading out to hunt again

after reading a little more tomorrow i get to search a old racetrack in oakland county.. i guess it goes to show research is the number one thing and i owe this to dan the man who showed a few things... hey dan thanks for the time and traveles i cant wait till next year, and if we can get this summer meet in 2009 i beleave its going to be one of the most exciting event

Hey Mars, what's the name of the book & the author's name?

I've been watching your posts on the 2009 possible hunt. I think Houghton Lake is too far north...I'm thinking Lansing or St Johns area. Just a thought.

Check your book, maybe you can come up with someplace like a place where there was a town that isn't there anymore.

St. johns trail is supposed to be 2 treasure chest full of diamond and gold buried... i want to head to the trail oh yeah thats in the book and almost helps with that tale... the book is called michigan in 4 centuires i fogot the author... i took the book back and told the libraian to put in refrence becuse the maps are falling apart... the book was written in 1948.. if you know the area ill drive down by you just to check it out..

Oh i forgot i went to one of those old villiages by me were i got the book the villiage president told me he just found a 5 dollar gold coin...i got permission to hunt a few spots... and they told me they dont want anything i find becuse they have no museum... im going tomorrow again for another hunt since will be warmer my machine sucks in the colder weather

really? you will love that book.. let me know what you think of it.. i wonder if it would be a revised one. the book i had was old and smelly lol. i mean smelled old, you will like it and if your in the upper part of lower michigan or the U.P. its a great histoy lesson. it says that people been before the pilgrams. and showws trail of the some jesuit priest

I'm grabbing one too!
Thanks Planet!

Houghton Lake still looks good to me! It is about Midway through the state, and has some cool history too.

Thanks,
mark

Ok, I got one coming too. This one is from the 60's. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again Planet!

I also learned where you can find some placers gold in oakland county... but this i wont tell untill check it out... I also found a few very old books on logging camps in michigan its very interesting on how they hid there payrolls but this i have to get together with dan the man.. If anyone intrested in hunting this spring let me know, im still disabled and with gas prices going low i will be all over the state this year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back