Rock22
Full Member
- Joined
- Sep 9, 2013
- Messages
- 113
- Reaction score
- 97
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Erie Pennsylvania
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Tejon
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting



Discovered this in my backyard the other evening by accident. I have only lived here for 2 years so new surprises from time to time.
It is dry-stacked brick around poured concrete. The bricks used are the same ones that make up my house. The house was built in 1951. I have no idea what this may have been so I need your help. My only guess is that it might have been put over the top of an old farm well but seems like a lot of work to cover an old well.
Thanks for your input!
Bill





Double thick and so heavy I had to use a car jack to lift it. Doesn't seem to be anything under it so I guess it was a base for a brick grill. The only strange thing is that under it there are large black rocks that seem to have been put there. They are not smooth but somewhat crumbly but I believe they are lined up against each other.








