Backyard mystery

Rock22

Sep 9, 2013
Erie Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20190918_184215317.jpg IMG_20190918_184202473.jpg IMG_20190918_184215317.jpg

Discovered this in my backyard the other evening by accident. I have only lived here for 2 years so new surprises from time to time.
It is dry-stacked brick around poured concrete. The bricks used are the same ones that make up my house. The house was built in 1951. I have no idea what this may have been so I need your help. My only guess is that it might have been put over the top of an old farm well but seems like a lot of work to cover an old well.
Thanks for your input!

Bill

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
2 words ; Jimmy Hoffa

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Rock22

Sep 9, 2013
Erie Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20190919_183238883.jpg IMG_20190919_174055134.jpg
Well whoever built this cement slab must have had plans to launch the space shuttle off of it.:dontknow: Double thick and so heavy I had to use a car jack to lift it. Doesn't seem to be anything under it so I guess it was a base for a brick grill. The only strange thing is that under it there are large black rocks that seem to have been put there. They are not smooth but somewhat crumbly but I believe they are lined up against each other.
In about a week a friend of mine will be bringing his Bobcat machine over to lift this thing out of my yard and then I will get a better look at these black rocks.

Upvote 0

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only strange thing is that under it there are large black rocks that seem to have been put there.

Two possibilities:

1) The rocks are radioactive.
2) The rocks are evil.

Both possibilities are terrible, in their own way. Drop the slab back on those bad boys and plant more grass over it.

Upvote 0

jasonboise85

Mar 22, 2016
middlebury vt
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I admire your hard work!
I am still curious about what you might find in there! Someone put alot of time into building that thing so solid.. I couldn't get that far, then cover it back up lol. Go for the pot of gold that could be buried in there!! :)
Your friend's bobcat would definitely help ;)
Nice work, and good luck!! Happy hunting! :)

Upvote 0

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't consider your efforts as wasted time, at least now you know what is underneath. As a digger I can tell you about targets that haunt me because I walked away from them for whatever reason instead of digging them:BangHead:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Rock22

Sep 9, 2013
Erie Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't give up. I'm glad my friend has the machine to move this cement slab. Not sure what I would do if it couldn't be moved.

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
now you've gone and done it! haven't you EVER watched a horror movie!

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting thread... my guess would be a pad for an outdoor BBQ or decorative fireplace as well. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more info being posted,
Dave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

Rock22

Sep 9, 2013
Erie Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really believe it was a pad for a back yard BBQ but once my friend removes the chunk of cement we will have a better idea.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions