California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When living in Toronto I came across lots of ID'S, wallets, purses in the ravines of the parks systems.
I found this purse, lots of ID real estate agent.
I contacted her and we agreed to meet at a coffee shop in the village.
She arrived and I gave her the purse, declined the reward offer.
She explained that her window was smashed in the petting zoo parking lot.
Query: How did I know it was her purse?
Answer: From the ID, and business card.
REPLY: SO YOU LOOKED THROUGH MY PURSE!
Answer: Yes
She turned red, spun on her 3" pumps and she walked out.
No thank you - I always wondered if it was something to do with the dozen condoms. :dontknow:

Business card - hmmm, with condoms in the purse, you might expect....nnnyah!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me add this. The reason i started this post was to let people not every return was a happy one. I DO NOT want you to be discouraged enough to NOT try and return something you have found. Just please do not be discouraged to point you no longer want to find where it should be. TRUST me on this the feeling I get when i return a item MAKES ME GLAD I FOUND WHERE IT BELONGS !!!
Would like to see some more unhappy returns

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A buddy of mine found a high school ring, with three initials engraved inside. Looking in the yearbook, it could only be one person - a football player, which made sense since the ring had a football insignia on one side.

So my buddy gets in touch with the owner's parents, and mention's the guy's name, and they say "Oh, that person doesn't exist anymore." After some back and forth confusion my buddy is like "Sorry for your loss" and they were like "Oh, they're still alive. It's just that he is now a she.

In the end, the football player-turned-woman doesn't want the ring anymore. More gold for my buddy.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy returned a huge diamond ring...

and shes say's...

"i threw that piece of crap's ring in the ocean on purpose so i would never see it again" !

:/

Last edited:

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never give thing back in person anymore, I find out who's it is and send it threw the mail with a note, I have found pocket books in playgrounds and just bring them to the town police, once they ask if I knew who it was, I told them I didn't looked in, and then they asked for my name, I told them , "nice guy", I have had to much crap from the people who I gave it back too, face to face

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me add this. The reason i started this post was to let people not every return was a happy one. I DO NOT want you to be discouraged enough to NOT try and return something you have found. Just please do not be discouraged to point you no longer want to find where it should be. TRUST me on this the feeling I get when i return a item MAKES ME GLAD I FOUND WHERE IT BELONGS !!!
Would like to see some more unhappy returns

I found a medal, with ribbon, that a elementary school awarded a kid (just for participating), and when I found who it was and contacted the family, they wouldn't answer my email, and my phone message....I certainly tried...!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bad happenings when attempting to return two WW II dog tags to either the soldier or his next of kin:
1. Recipient hung up on me before I could fully describe the situation.
2. Recipient hung up on me after I called back and had the opportunity to tell the story of how I have access to the tag.
3. Recipient wanted to know how much I wanted for the artifact.
4. Recipient said I was 'BS' then turned the phone over to his daughter who hoped that my story was legit.
One tag was found on a beach in Normandy, France while the other tag was found in the area of the Battle of the Bulge.
Both tags ended up with the proper recipient--one recipient got his at an American Legion presentation the Commander and I set up.
My two Honorable Mentions tell the stories.
Don.....

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time I saw a guy drop a 20 out of his pocket in line after he paid. When he turned I said "hey man you dropped a 20" he just said no I didn't and left. I bought lunch though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread