Bad Luck...so far...

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been spending some time knocking on doors looking for old sites...I have been getting the permission but not the targets. Some of the fields I am hunting are quite large and takes a good part of a day to ascertain that there are no sites. I have been hitting on the odd doodad but nothing to lead me to believe that I am on an early site. It's somewhat frustrating due to the lack of maps for that particular era and erea. The sites I am looking at all have everything an early settler would need...just no settlement...yet.

The crotal bell is the smallest one I have dug. It is also the first numbered bell. It is numbered "0". I assume this is the size. I kept the brass buckle due to the brilliant patina. The eagle medallion gave me hope but a quick Google determined it to be a hand saw medallion...still cool though. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• crotal.JPG
    crotal.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 506
  • groupeagle.jpg
    groupeagle.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 512
Upvote 0
romeo-1 said:
Jim West Pa said:
BAD LUCK ?!?!?!? Geeesh romeo, that crotal is real sweeeet !!!! That one is a good oldie. I'd be very pleased with jist that fer a day.

This is a large field with three outcroppings of trees spread throughout the field. Two of these look like old foundations, 1700 era, but so far the finds do not support this. Still looking though!

Hang in there romeo.I've been workin a very similar sight and i've only gotten 3 coins in the 4 years i've been there.Very good ones, '48 LC, 1750 Half Realle and an 1864 .2, albeit only 3 so far.I encounter a lot of iron and i dig it ALL. I've had to pay some serious "dues" by digin literaly hundreds of pounds of iron but the good targets just git sweeter each time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back