Bad luck strikes

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Set my At Pro against the wall only to have it slide to the floor and end up in this horrific mess. Seems like they would reinforce it with something a little better than 2 plastic pieces

ForumRunner_20140504_175957.png

ForumRunner_20140504_180003.png

Sent from my LG-LS980 using TreasureNet

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, did you ever remove the housing from the shaft or anything that caused you to tighten the screws?

OP
OP
freddy78

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never touched them. Hit the hardwood floor and snapped right off. Sending it off to Garrett first thing in the morning. I know they will fix me up and have me swinging again in no time

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, did you ever remove the housing from the shaft or anything that caused you to tighten the screws?
how tight are they recommended to be I had mine off when I sent in for a repair so when I got it back I screwed them back in not to tight just snug.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how tight are they recommended to be I had mine off when I sent in for a repair so when I got it back I screwed them back in not to tight just snug.

Wonder if plastic screws would be better, maybe they would fail before the housing?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
freddy I just noticed your post after I posted my same problem. We are in the same boat. The atpro plastic is not the toughest stuff going, it can break fairly easily. The brain box mounting should be able to take the shock of dropping. Hopefully Garrett takes a closer look at this design.

OP
OP
freddy78

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it surprised me how easy it broke seeing how it wasn't that hard of a hit. You would think they would've mounted it with a metal bracket or at least some metal threads for the screes to latch onto but they are willing to fix it for free since I still have 8 months left on the warranty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread