What's new

BAD STORM - NO POWER - MAINE

I just got my power back last night. Hope you get yours back soon!


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
it's Monday - still no power . 47 - in our town on the CMP list - I guess we are one of the list .
 
That sucks Mojax, running generator sure gets expensive


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
Yeah , i spent over $ 100 this past week on gas . Maybe our electric bill will be lower next month .
 
I think we’re both in the same boat on that! I’m considering installing a diesel generator. Probably won’t though


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
8-)Day 9 - still no power - I hope we win prize for the last ones turned on - that would be groovy
 
Day 10 - power finally on this afternoon
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20171108_125025.webp
    IMG_20171108_125025.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
Glad to hear it!!! Just can’t live in Waldoboro without a generator !!!


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
More wind tonight fellas, be careful!
 
More wind tonight fellas, be careful!

Yeah, not looking forward to it. I’ve got a large boat on stands next to a big pine tree that’s making me very nervous. I️ need to get that tree cut down...


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
Yeah , i spent over $ 100 this past week on gas . Maybe our electric bill will be lower next month .

Should of bought a diesel. Diesel generator sets cost about double what a gas gen. set costs, but diesel has a much longer shelf life than blended gasoline.

I was talking to the dude that runs a gas station down the way. Says the guy that delivers his fuel claims blended gasoline collects water. Shelf life is 42 days after it leaves the refinery. Ethanol drags water right out of air and most gasoline these days has ethanol in it. Diesel can last years.

A gallon of gasoline has about 9.5 hp per a gallon. A diesel engine is twice as efficient, about 20hp/hr/gal. Diesel is the only sensible way to go for a house generator imo. Them gasoline generators are for construction crews that got carry their generators around all the time.
 
Should of bought a diesel. Diesel generator sets cost about double what a gas gen. set costs, but diesel has a much longer shelf life than blended gasoline.

I was talking to the dude that runs a gas station down the way. Says the guy that delivers his fuel claims blended gasoline collects water. Shelf life is 42 days after it leaves the refinery. Ethanol drags water right out of air and most gasoline these days has ethanol in it. Diesel can last years.

A gallon of gasoline has about 9.5 hp per a gallon. A diesel engine is twice as efficient, about 20hp/hr/gal. Diesel is the only sensible way to go for a house generator imo. Them gasoline generators are for construction crews that got carry their generators around all the time.

Your right about the shelf life of gas and ethanol. Not good. I agree diesel is the way to go. Diesel is always more efficient and longer lasting.


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
We lost power again this morning. I’m guessing it’s going to be a while until we get it back.


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
Yeah, not looking forward to it. I’ve got a large boat on stands next to a big pine tree that’s making me very nervous. I️ need to get that tree cut down...


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!

I had a few trees taken a couple years ago. Glad I did. It's my useless neighbors tree that I worry about. If his tree destroys my house you won't see me on this forum for about 30 years....jk....kinda. Hope all is ok. These high winds seem to be the norm now. Crazy weather is common
 
We lost power again this morning. I’m guessing it’s going to be a while until we get it back.


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!

That sucks man! Hope it's not long for you but I know how this came goes. I've decided to get a propane generator. I live in Topsham and this area (Brunswick especially) got hammered by that storm. It looked like a war zone
 
Good decision on getting a generator. I’ve always had one since moving to Maine. It’s amazing how often the power goes out.


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
Bad storm last night - 480,000 without power . The Great Ice Storm of '98 had 270,000 without power . When I went to get gas for the generator I passed 3 power poles that were snapped off mid way . It could be a week before we get power back . luckily we installed a gas range last year . An island off Maine last night had a wind gust of 82 mph .
I feel sorry for people who lose their power.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom