What's new

BAD STORM - NO POWER - MAINE

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad storm last night - 480,000 without power . The Great Ice Storm of '98 had 270,000 without power . When I went to get gas for the generator I passed 3 power poles that were snapped off mid way . It could be a week before we get power back . luckily we installed a gas range last year . An island off Maine last night had a wind gust of 82 mph .
 
Sorry buddy. Hang in there.
 
That storm blew through here south central N.Y. all yesterday and into last night rained for 36 hrs.
Hope you get the power back on soon !
Gary
 
Not too good here. I live in midcoast Maine and it's an absolute mess. Trees down everywhere and lines of 50+ cats at every gas station. Incredible my street has power but everybody around us is without and will be for days. I hope everyday is safe thru this
 
I feel for you fellas up there. We seem to always have to deal with hurricanes and tornadoes on a regular basis down here it seems. Stay safe and hope life gets back to normal for you quickly!
 
Yup, I was up at 3 am checking on my own stuff. Called into work at 6 am...spent the rest of the day soaked and tired.
I was glad I brought my chainsaw to work as I needed it to clear my own path. No joke

IMG_2827.webp
My front yard when I got home. It’s mostly cleaned up already...
Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
Last 3 days,, rain, rain, rain.
Tomorrow will be on and off showers. Clearing for one day and then 3 to 4 more day of rain. The ground is like gush, gush, when you walk on it.
 
Checking in from Lincoln county. Most of the peninsulas are still not having power.
 
Bad storm last night - 480,000 without power . The Great Ice Storm of '98 had 270,000 without power . When I went to get gas for the generator I passed 3 power poles that were snapped off mid way . It could be a week before we get power back . luckily we installed a gas range last year . An island off Maine last night had a wind gust of 82 mph .

Highest I heard of here in n.e. Pa 70mph.
that was at Fort Indiantown Gap about 20 mile south of me.
No measurements up here
 
Last 3 days,, rain, rain, rain.
Tomorrow will be on and off showers. Clearing for one day and then 3 to 4 more day of rain. The ground is like gush, gush, when you walk on it.

everyone around here says "We need the Rain" :( Highest I heard was 4" west of me
Thursday we'll get more Rain and ice or snow mixed in &
they'll be saying "We need the Rain, it's dry" again :(
last I heard Yearly totals are through the roof.
always 2" to 3" of rain per storm here this year
 
Checking in from Lincoln county. Most of the peninsulas are still not having power.

I’m in Lincoln county as well, north Waldoboro actually. What I was told is five to seven days before power is back on.


Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!
 
Not making light of it, but perhaps the only upside I could offer is that thank goodness detectors run off batteries.
 
Hope you all get your power back soon!
HHdts
 
Not too good here. Trees down everywhere and lines of 50+ cats at every gas station.

Was that the Esso Station and folks are putting a Tiger in their tanks? :laughing7:

 
Last edited:
I'm thankful that I have a generator. My family used to own the Boesbuck campgrounds in Northern Maine and we have the generator that ran it with a 1000 gallon tank of fuel for it.
 
Was that the Esso Station and folks are putting a Tiger in their tanks? :laughing7:



Haha that’s too funny. Yup those cats were lined right up. Btw there was also a long line of cars
 
Day 6 - still no power .

I checked our hay field where the 8 power poles feed our house . Big tree took out 2 big copper lines , wires on the ground .

And I figured out a neat trick on how to talk to a real person at the power company - use a ROTARY PHONE - you get right through . I told her there were lines on the ground & there are lots of people deer hunting . She moved us to the top of the list .
 
mojjax
Tough time to have no power it`s cold here in southern N.Y. so it must be very cold there .
Feel for you brother !
Gary
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom