What's new

BADGE? Front of Bicycle?

vanoldschool

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
720
Reaction score
217
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this up today, at first I thought it was a sherrifs badge, but based on the type of old english "B" Writing and the three possible rivit holes, I thought it may be a badge from an old bicycle The house I found this at also gave up a 1919 wheatie.
 

Attachments

  • New Image.webp
    New Image.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 397
Cool badge :icon_sunny: Not sure it's a bicycle badge. It probably would just have two screw attachment.
 
Upvote 0
it is a letter G..
 
Upvote 0
lazooro said:
it is a letter G..

agreed,

Picture of reverse please?
 
Upvote 0
I'm going with a "B" too.Definately not a "G" in my opinion.
 
Upvote 0
A few of these have been posted here before and caused some debate. The general feeling is that they are saddle monograms. But no one has been able to prove it.

images


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
A few of these have been posted here before and caused some debate. The general feeling is that they are saddle monograms. But no one has been able to prove it.

images


DCMatt
Yes I think I recall a link with at least 5 different letters posted by different people. Maybe someone can bring it up.
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Cool badge :icon_sunny: Not sure it's a bicycle badge. It probably would just have two screw attachment.
look this one is not it, but it attaches in three spots.
 

Attachments

  • bbb.webp
    bbb.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
IronSpike said:
Cool badge :icon_sunny: Not sure it's a bicycle badge. It probably would just have two screw attachment.
look this one is not it, but it attaches in three spots.

Wouldn't have thought bicycle badges were made of copper, but here's an old Gazelle:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9623863@N04/2895976902

I think it would be helpful with some more pics. How thick is the piece? Are those initials top left side of shield or just scratches/patina?

This bicycle badge link is pretty cool:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ycle+badges&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N&start=260&um=1
 

Attachments

  • 1502.gif
    1502.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 2895976902_7f2fb8cd5c.webp
    2895976902_7f2fb8cd5c.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 1502.gif
    1502.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom