GMan00001
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 19, 2006
- Messages
- 2,539
- Reaction score
- 228
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Twin Cities, MN
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 250
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
After my luck with the wheaties the other day, I decided to see if there were any other bags available off the coin machine from the same bank since Wednesday. Turns out all that had dropped was a $200 bag of nickels, so I got it.
Well, the nickels didn't have the same quantity as the wheaties, but they didn't disappoint either.
1 - 1918 Buffalo Nickel (some had done the nic-a-date for me)
2 - 1936 Buffalo nickels
3 - Buffalo nickels with unknown dates (at least one with a mintmark)
1 - 1943-P War Nickel
1 - 1943-S War Nickel
53 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939(2), 1940(5), 1941(6), 1946(5), 1946-S, 1947(2), 1947-D, 1948, 1948-D, 1949, 1949-D, 1951, 1952(4), 1953-D(3), 1953-S, 1954-D, 1954-S, 1956, 1957-D(3), 1958-D(4), 1959-D(8))
12 Canadian (1957, 1964, 1968, 1971, 1975(2), 1979, 1984, 1989, 1993, 1999, 2006-P)
1 Quarter
3 Pennies (one was a 1960-D penny that appears to be struck on the wrong planchet, but I can't figure out what. The coin is smaller than a nickel and bigger than a penny) I'll try to get a picture later.
1 Bus Token
The 1957 Canadian is my first Canadian nickel from the 1950's found while CRHing.
Now I can only wait for the other denom's to drop again to see if there are other goodies.
(dimes, quarters, halves).
Being that I picked up a bag of dimes last week that may be the one, or it may be the next bag. The last one was my best ever bag of dimes, so I am hoping that the next one will be too.
Quarters, now I question passing on the bag that was available wednesday...oh well water under the bridge. Crossing my fingers that the collection came in after the quarter bag had been filled.
Well, the nickels didn't have the same quantity as the wheaties, but they didn't disappoint either.
1 - 1918 Buffalo Nickel (some had done the nic-a-date for me)
2 - 1936 Buffalo nickels
3 - Buffalo nickels with unknown dates (at least one with a mintmark)
1 - 1943-P War Nickel
1 - 1943-S War Nickel
53 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939(2), 1940(5), 1941(6), 1946(5), 1946-S, 1947(2), 1947-D, 1948, 1948-D, 1949, 1949-D, 1951, 1952(4), 1953-D(3), 1953-S, 1954-D, 1954-S, 1956, 1957-D(3), 1958-D(4), 1959-D(8))
12 Canadian (1957, 1964, 1968, 1971, 1975(2), 1979, 1984, 1989, 1993, 1999, 2006-P)
1 Quarter
3 Pennies (one was a 1960-D penny that appears to be struck on the wrong planchet, but I can't figure out what. The coin is smaller than a nickel and bigger than a penny) I'll try to get a picture later.
1 Bus Token
The 1957 Canadian is my first Canadian nickel from the 1950's found while CRHing.
Now I can only wait for the other denom's to drop again to see if there are other goodies.
(dimes, quarters, halves).Being that I picked up a bag of dimes last week that may be the one, or it may be the next bag. The last one was my best ever bag of dimes, so I am hoping that the next one will be too.
Quarters, now I question passing on the bag that was available wednesday...oh well water under the bridge. Crossing my fingers that the collection came in after the quarter bag had been filled.
Upvote
0







