What's new

bag of nickels plus a few other rolls 07-23-2007

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, picked up a $200 bag of nickels from one of my typical Tuesday pickups today instead of tomorrow as I have an odd schedule tomorrow and didn't know if I could make it to this branch.

The bag had
1 - 1943-P War Nickel
1 - 1949-S
1 - 1951-S
47 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939(4), 1940, 1940-S, 1941(2), 1941-D, 1946(2), 1947, 1948(4), 1948-D, 1949(2), 1949-D, 1951-D, 1952, 1952-D, 1952-S, 1953-D(2), 1953-S, 1954-D, 1955-D(3), 1956, 1956-D, 1957-D(3), 1958-D(6), 1959(2), 1959-D(3))

9 Canadian (1977, 1984(2), 1988(2), 1992, 2000, 2002-P, 2004-P)


I also looked through a few plastic rolls at a different bank as I was cashing in rejects. Ended up looking through about 28 rolls of quarters, 40 rolls of dimes, and about 25 rolls of nickels. For dimes and quarters I am just edge searching. For nickels I buy the rolls with something on the end or a dirty looking coin in it that could be a war nickel. I ended up buying 2 rolls of dimes, 2 rolls of quarters, and 4 rolls of nickels.

The 2 rolls of dimes each had a silver Roosevelt dime (1963, 1964)

The 2 rolls of quarters each had a Canadian quarter (1995, 1999). Bought them anyway even though I knew they were Canadian up front.

The 4 rolls of nickels had 4 pre-1960 Jefferson (1940, 1949-D, 1957, 1957-D)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom