What's new

Baggage Tag?

bloo

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2008
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Etrac
I believe this is a baggage tag but for what mode of transportation and how old is it? It is made out of steel and the following is stamped on it.

Inter City

TRANS. CO.
28
LIABILITY NOT TO EXCEED $25.00

Thank you for your help
 

Attachments

  • 100_0557.webp
    100_0557.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 217
I found a number of references to "Innter City Transit Co." They varied from 1922 to 1952.

Anything like a markers mark on the tag? Sometimes it is at the top of the loop.

What state are you in?

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
They are usually made from Brass.
It's probably from a rail company.
Newt
 
Upvote 0
I am from Wisconsin. The tag reads INTER (with one n not two). The tag is made out of steel as it is rusty.
 
Upvote 0
bloo said:
I am from Wisconsin. The tag reads INTER (with one n not two). The tag is made out of steel as it is rusty.

Oops! I guess I fat fingered the reply with 2 n's. I searched for Inter City.

As Newt says, they are often brass. At least the older ones are. Since yours is steel it is probably newer. The disclaimer made me think it is a newer piece, but since the limit is $25 (not much by today's standards) it may be as old as the 50's.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom