What's new

Baghdad Texas

dusty1530

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
417
Reaction score
206
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know exactly where Baghdad texas was at on Boca Chica beach
 
Its in Leander and was still on the county road map as late as 1977. Nice short article with location and landmarks description on the Texas State Historical Association's web site: https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/htb04

The only reference I can find to Baghdad (sp) is for the fictional movie by that name.
 
Last edited:
I remember seeing it on an old map somewhere. It was at the north end of boca chica. You should be able to drive there on the SR4. Then up the beach to the cut where the jetties are.
 
I BEEN THERE... LOOK FOR IRAN TEXAS... ITS CLOSE TO THAT... WESTERN PANHANDLE.. WEST OF PECOS ...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom