What's new

Bags for boxes? (Final update - Bag #1 and #2)

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to pick up my order from last week this Monday because of the holiday and when I got there the teller told me that instead of boxes this week the carrier sent 2 1k bags in the cloth coin bags. She asked me if I wanted both of them. Luckly I had enough cash on me to get them both. Was a bit miffed that they would sent bags out instead of boxes. Does this mean the end of the boxes that I was getting? They have been pretty good lately. The bags look pretty old and I havent had a chance to peak in on them but I am getting excited that I found something good. Any one else who orders boxes had this happen to them?


Ok, I need to get more of these bags... Good way to end November.

Bag #1 results

106 - 40's
9 - 90's
7 - Bens
2005 and 2008 S Proofs
1987 D NIFC

Bag #2

52 - 40's
3 - 90's
1 - 1945D Walker
1 - 1987P NIFC

Not as good as the first but I will take it.

Just did the math on ounces on this score and its right at 30 troy oz.

The other thing is these bags are really dirty. Lots of trash in them, even a corner of a $5 bill :) Found probably about $10 extra dollars (gold dollars, quarters, dimes, pennies) mixed in. Most of the other denominiations were heavely damaged except for the gold dollars.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bags for boxes?

Never happened to me you lucky guy. Update us quickly.

golden silver
 
Re: Bags for boxes?

At least they dont have "Property of Golden Silver" written on the outside. :D I will update this evening when I get a chance to get em open.
 
Re: Bags for boxes?

Though I've never had that happen to me, at a minimum, they'll be quicker to go through............and no wrappers with which to have to deal.

Good luck and keep us posted.
 
Re: Bags for boxes?

maybe those bags were takin up valuable space and the carrier wanted to...dispose of them. ;D
 
Re: Bags for boxes?

thurmownator said:
Though I've never had that happen to me, at a minimum, they'll be quicker to go through............and no wrappers with which to have to deal.

Good luck and keep us posted.
I'd love to have cloth bags of coins; have noticed a pain in both of my hands from opening the thousands of Rolls mine come in- sorta like what Carpel Tunnel Syndrome must be like.
 
Re: Bags for boxes?

Maybe they figured out that all they do with those boxes is open them and turn them back in so they would just save the money spent on wrapping them?
 
Re: Bags for boxes? (Updated with Bag #1)

Great bag ! I wonder if there is a market for the cloth bags >?

Collectors might like them ya know. :laughing7:

Congrats !
 
Re: Bags for boxes? (Updated with Bag #1)

AGCoinHunter said:
Went to pick up my order from last week this Monday because of the holiday and when I got there the teller told me that instead of boxes this week the carrier sent 2 1k bags in the cloth coin bags. She asked me if I wanted both of them. Luckly I had enough cash on me to get them both. Was a bit miffed that they would sent bags out instead of boxes. Does this mean the end of the boxes that I was getting? They have been pretty good lately. The bags look pretty old and I havent had a chance to peak in on them but I am getting excited that I found something good. Any one else who orders boxes had this happen to them?


Ok, I need to get more of these bags... Good way to end November.

Bag #1 results

106 - 40's
9 - 90's
7 - Bens
2005 and 2008 S Proofs
1987 D NIFC

I will do bag 2 when I get some time. Gotta do some other stuff now...

I don't know how you do it. Search a great bag, and say I'm busy now but will check the other one out later. Leaving us in suspense.
I'd be tearing into those bags like a buzz saw. There would be strips of ripped canvas all over the kitchen table where I tore the bags apart.
Anyway great score on bag #1. Hope # 2 is as good or better

HH

Rich
 
Re: Bags for boxes? (Updated with Bag #1 and #2)

Sweet bags ag! Better order some more.
 
Re: Bags for boxes? (Updated with Bag #1 and #2)

Awsome score. Hope they get some more like that...... I'll take 2 please.

Mojo
 
Re: Bags for boxes? (Updated with Bag #1 and #2)

The bags were good to you WTG!!!
 
Re: Bags for boxes? (Updated with Bag #1 and #2)

Rich Hartford said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Went to pick up my order from last week this Monday because of the holiday and when I got there the teller told me that instead of boxes this week the carrier sent 2 1k bags in the cloth coin bags. She asked me if I wanted both of them. Luckly I had enough cash on me to get them both. Was a bit miffed that they would sent bags out instead of boxes. Does this mean the end of the boxes that I was getting? They have been pretty good lately. The bags look pretty old and I havent had a chance to peak in on them but I am getting excited that I found something good. Any one else who orders boxes had this happen to them?


Ok, I need to get more of these bags... Good way to end November.

Bag #1 results

106 - 40's
9 - 90's
7 - Bens
2005 and 2008 S Proofs
1987 D NIFC

I will do bag 2 when I get some time. Gotta do some other stuff now...

I don't know how you do it. Search a great bag, and say I'm busy now but will check the other one out later. Leaving us in suspense.
I'd be tearing into those bags like a buzz saw. There would be strips of ripped canvas all over the kitchen table where I tore the bags apart.
Anyway great score on bag #1. Hope # 2 is as good or better

HH

Rich

Its called a wife who wants you to get stuff done instead of searching coins. I paid the price and did my chores, then stayed up till almost 1 AM going through the other bag.
 
Re: Bags for boxes? (Updated with Bag #1 and #2)

AGCoinHunter said:
Rich Hartford said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Went to pick up my order from last week this Monday because of the holiday and when I got there the teller told me that instead of boxes this week the carrier sent 2 1k bags in the cloth coin bags. She asked me if I wanted both of them. Luckly I had enough cash on me to get them both. Was a bit miffed that they would sent bags out instead of boxes. Does this mean the end of the boxes that I was getting? They have been pretty good lately. The bags look pretty old and I havent had a chance to peak in on them but I am getting excited that I found something good. Any one else who orders boxes had this happen to them?


Ok, I need to get more of these bags... Good way to end November.

Bag #1 results

106 - 40's
9 - 90's
7 - Bens
2005 and 2008 S Proofs
1987 D NIFC

I will do bag 2 when I get some time. Gotta do some other stuff now...

I don't know how you do it. Search a great bag, and say I'm busy now but will check the other one out later. Leaving us in suspense.
I'd be tearing into those bags like a buzz saw. There would be strips of ripped canvas all over the kitchen table where I tore the bags apart.
Anyway great score on bag #1. Hope # 2 is as good or better

HH

Rich

Its called a wife who wants you to get stuff done instead of searching coins. I paid the price and did my chores, then stayed up till almost 1 AM going through the other bag.

I have one too. She just rolls her eyes around when she sees me searching coins, or engaged in other hobbies.
Good score on bag #2.
Go get some more of those bags

HH
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom