All Treasure Hunting
Uuhhhh.. Yes!

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! I have a bank that will order them for me from time to time. I haven’t found any silver in them yet.

I think this particular bank uses their own cash room for large dollars. The way I understand it is that all branches of this local bank send their large dollars to their own cash room at the main bank, once there they are put into a coin bag and held onto until its full ($500). Then they send it out or send it to my branch for me to pick up. It’s not they they “order” them every time I ask. The head teller calls the cash room to see what their inventory is and if there’s a full bag, they send it out.

I think I haven’t found any silver in them because there’s too many hands that handle the coin until it gets to me. But I keep trying.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! I have a bank that will order them for me from time to time. I haven’t found any silver in them yet.

I think this particular bank uses their own cash room for large dollars. The way I understand it is that all branches of this local bank send their large dollars to their own cash room at the main bank, once there they are put into a coin bag and held onto until its full ($500). Then they send it out or send it to my branch for me to pick up. It’s not they they “order” them every time I ask. The head teller calls the cash room to see what their inventory is and if there’s a full bag, they send it out.

I think I haven’t found any silver in them because there’s too many hands that handle the coin until it gets to me. But I keep trying.

You ever find any proofs?

OP
OP
Greastart

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Well....seems the vault teller was a little confused. She can get small dollars but not large ones. That's the bad news. Good news is she found $400 worth of old large dollars in another branch that's nearby and is having them transferred. I told her I'd take them all.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are unbelievable. I have to think there is like a thousand others like you doing the same thing and failing. you all make it look easy. lol

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep an eye open for 72 type IIs. Valuable variety and not too hard to find. Also, see if you can sell the Ikes instead of dumping them. I know a few dealers who pay an extra five dollars every hundred.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread