What's new

Bags versus Boxes

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have switched districts where I get my half dollars. One thing that I find interesting is that the Tampa district deliver's all coin in bags, not boxes. :icon_scratch:

When I got my first bag my first thought was, "Oh, Great, somebody's dumps". I called two more banks in that area of the same branch that draw from the Tampa repository and they all said that coins of any denomination from the Tampa coin bank
in Bags and not boxes. That made me feel a little better.

What success rate with bags versus boxes? Does anybody have any information?

On the down side, bank didn't order in time so I get a bag next Monday and next Friday instead of tomorrow and next Friday. Explained to the nice lady that I work at a school district and find it hard to make it there by their 4:00 closing time. She said don't worry, just call ahead that you are on your way and we will let you in to get your coins..... :hello2:

That is customer service.....
 
Upvote 0
I find that boxes are more consistant while bags can tend to be streaky but silver heavy when they produce. The problem I have is I get bags from other searchers who are dumping their coins back into the system via bags. If you get into a stock of bags that are from coin counters you usually find something. But I as others use coin machines which we also fill up bags which are thrown back on the pile. I can go months getting other searchers bags while with boxes you get the chance that some good bags were dumped into the hopper the day they rolled up your boxes. I guess its more luck than anything but I have noticed a "distinct" difference in bags that produce silver and ones that don't in my area. When I get this indicator, I know its going to be a good day.
 
Bags up here are very tough to get,but when I've gotten them in the past,they were great producers,far superior to boxes. In fact I've never had a skunk bag,even with the quarters.
HH
Rich
 
Rich Hartford said:
Bags up here are very tough to get,but when I've gotten them in the past,they were great producers,far superior to boxes. In fact I've never had a skunk bag,even with the quarters.
HH
Rich

My first bag(Last Week) was a smelly one which continues my streak (wrong end of the streak :laughing7:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom