Baldingboy and Mastereagle on the loose.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Well, Mastereagle and I decided to go detecting tonight. It was the only night his wife would let him go...so we had no choice. We had a house to hunt, but the prospects didn't look good. The house was not too old and we thought there might have been some fill dirt put in. We found a few pennies and bottle caps, and didn't spend too much time there.

We grabbed something to eat and tried to come up with a new plan. We decided to go to a vacant lot we have hit several times. An old house once stood there and we have found several cool relics there. We arrived and got started. We were hardly there any time and Mastereagle began to cry. His battery in his detector was almost dead and his rechargeable had not been recharged in awhile. I gave him a lollipop and sat him by the car and he was happy for a little while. I went on detecting and dug up a rose bush tag, some kind of black painted copper cap, and several dimes and pennies. I came across a signal right before we left that hammered nickel on my detector. I dug it up at 6 inches and knew immediately it was old by looking at it. The only problem is, I have not idea what it is. I guess I may never know. It has a definite raised border and I am thinking it might be a 2 cent piece, but just cant tell.

By the way, Mastereagle put his rechargeable battery in and was able to get a little more hunting time in. The hunt ended when this battery too went out. He did what he always does when he is ready to go home. He headed to the car and kept reving the motor and hollaring that he was gonna leave me there. :P I just dug another signal and worked my way over to where he was standing. He noticed after I got to the car that he had once again broken his wifes curfew she set for him. He was sure that he had gone too far this time and he would end up having to once again sleep on the porch. He dropped me off at my place and called me after leaving and said his wife had changed the locks on the house. I did what any detecting buddy would do......I made a little static sound in my throat and then hung up on him. He really thinks I have crappy cell phone service. ;D

Attachments

• 20081020 001.jpg
    20081020 001.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 750
  • 20081020 002.jpg
    20081020 002.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 762
  • 20081020 003.jpg
    20081020 003.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 763
  • 20081020 005.jpg
    20081020 005.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 765
  • 20081020 007.jpg
    20081020 007.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 759
  • 20081020 008.jpg
    20081020 008.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 761
Upvote 0
more pics....

Attachments

• 20081020 006.jpg
    20081020 006.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 757
  • 20081020 010.jpg
    20081020 010.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 753
BB,
The best thing about that coin is that you can call it anything.lol
Nice haul.
Joe

Sounds like another fascinating trip for you guys....one of these days Crescent is gonna chase ya down with a baseball bat when you miss curfew guys! :tongue3: lol Sure wish there was some detail on the coin! I like the rose tin though...kinda cool!

Do I hear the noise of a whip cracking!!!!!!!!!!! looks like ya still had fun and I gotta think that the coin ain't a 2 center but a V nickle and older than what ya might think! The reddness indicates nickle to me and thats what your machine was trying to tell you also. I got a 1886 V nickle last week that did'nt look much better, so bad I did'nt even post it lol.

HH
Slipperyjack47

I may have said this before in another post you have made...but have you ever consider writing? Your writing skills and "story-telling" are subperb!!!

Wish you and ME could make atleast one trip to our Pipsico hunt!!! Granted, we can't keep the relics, as per BSA, and we are all fine with it, otherwise we would not be going on our fourth hunt this weekend!!! It would be a pleasure to have you both join us and maybe you could teach me a thing or two about finding CW Relics! They are on the property, but no luck yet? And we are writing a book on our experiences, finds, friendships, etc....anyone who attends will be listed as an author (there is no single author!) and finds will be published listing the individual who found it! Any and all proceeds of the book will go back to the Boy Scout Reservation (Pipsico).

Our next one will be around March 2009... think about it... it's Fri through Mondays. (unless by some miracle ... you can make it this weekend coming up!!!)

Great finds and always enjoy reading your posts (both of you)... I love the lollipop touch!
Annmarie

Terrific finds,BB.You guys are at it again! Just for info,BB,a 2 cent piece is the same diameter as a quarter.

Crescent,ME's wife,said she has tried and tried to break him of those crying fits.Now that she is the VP of the A$$'s,she hopes he will mend his ways and show that he can handle her new status in life,even if it means buying him a new detector for Xmas or for the Florida hunt.

Well once agian Balingboy has posted from his delusional state of mind. Here is a more accurate telling.

We have been trying to get permission to hunt a certain OLD house in Cape and BB told me that he had finally gotten permission. So I showed up at his house and we loaded all his stuff into my car and headed toward the old house. During the drive BB called the owner of the house and I could hear this yelling and BB kept trying to get a word in edgewise. Just about the time I thought he might actually get in a word or two the person on the other end mentioned something about a restraining order and police. ::) and hung up. So I ask BB what the deal is and he tells me that he doesn't think that tonight is a good night to go to THAT particular place. Really? Don't think it's such a good idea do ya? ??? Hmmm what gave you the hint?

So we did go to a new location that was, to put it mildly, crap. At that location we had to bail pretty quickly because BB had found a copper pipe burried in the ground and had taken a saw to it to get it out of the ground and when I heard screaming and yelling I turned around to see a six foot stream of water shooting out of the ground! ::) :wink: BB said he thought it was time to go right then. Ya think?

So we drove around trying to find a place to go and I remembered seeing some sidewalks being torn up but we didn't find much.

We then went to the site BB mentioned and my detector batteries were dead. I went to my car to change them out and remembered I didn't have any because SOMEONE had taken my last 8 batteries at the KS hunt and was supposed to replace them. Hmmmm I wonder who that could have been. :icon_scratch: ::) I did have my rechargeable but it only had about half-charge. So I put it in and started swinging the coil again. Then I started looking for BB and I finally found him standing on top of his XLT trying to look into the shower window of the house next to the lot we were hunting. :o The woman in the shower must have seen me looking her direction because of my headlight and she busted BB! She started screaming and her husband came around the corner and shot at BB with the nail gun he was using to remodel the bathroom. I don't know if BB was hit but I do know I have NEVER seen him move that fast. :D

We managed to get back to the car in record time and started tossing our stuff into the car when BB says, "Oh no I left my XLT back by the house." So I decided NOT to walk back over and pick it up but that I would Drive through the open field to get it, and that's what we did. I started hearing this noise that sounded like someone throwing rocks at my car and then a nail bounced off the windshield. I pulled up right next to the XLT and BB leaned out amid the flying nails and shrapnel from my car and grabbed his machine. :o Then we were off!

We made it back to BB's place and I surveyed the damage. I don't even want to talk about it, is how bad it is. Does anyone know a good body shop???

(BTW I told BB I thought it was a V Nickel as well, he just laughed at me.)

ROFL You guys crack me up! For the record, my dad used to shoot across the barn with the nail gun and that would HURT! Sure glad you both escaped relatively unharmed! :wink:

Good post. Glad you guys are still at it. It's always enjoyable to try to figure out the real story. :wink: ;D

ME - That is the biggest problem with the Explorer: It eats batteries!

Yeah that and when your hunting buddy STEALS your last 8 and DOESN'T replace them or takes energizers and gives you dollar store batteries. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :wink: ;D

mastereagle22 said:
Well once agian Balingboy has posted from his delusional state of mind. Here is a more accurate telling.

We have been trying to get permission to hunt a certain OLD house in Cape and BB told me that he had finally gotten permission. So I showed up at his house and we loaded all his stuff into my car and headed toward the old house. During the drive BB called the owner of the house and I could hear this yelling and BB kept trying to get a word in edgewise. Just about the time I thought he might actually get in a word or two the person on the other end mentioned something about a restraining order and police. ::) and hung up. So I ask BB what the deal is and he tells me that he doesn't think that tonight is a good night to go to THAT particular place. Really? Don't think it's such a good idea do ya? ??? Hmmm what gave you the hint?

So we did go to a new location that was, to put it mildly, crap. At that location we had to bail pretty quickly because BB had found a copper pipe burried in the ground and had taken a saw to it to get it out of the ground and when I heard screaming and yelling I turned around to see a six foot stream of water shooting out of the ground! ::) :wink: BB said he thought it was time to go right then. Ya think?

So we drove around trying to find a place to go and I remembered seeing some sidewalks being torn up but we didn't find much.

We then went to the site BB mentioned and my detector batteries were dead. I went to my car to change them out and remembered I didn't have any because SOMEONE had taken my last 8 batteries at the KS hunt and was supposed to replace them. Hmmmm I wonder who that could have been. :icon_scratch: ::) I did have my rechargeable but it only had about half-charge. So I put it in and started swinging the coil again. Then I started looking for BB and I finally found him standing on top of his XLT trying to look into the shower window of the house next to the lot we were hunting. :o The woman in the shower must have seen me looking her direction because of my headlight and she busted BB! She started screaming and her husband came around the corner and shot at BB with the nail gun he was using to remodel the bathroom. I don't know if BB was hit but I do know I have NEVER seen him move that fast. :D

We managed to get back to the car in record time and started tossing our stuff into the car when BB says, "Oh no I left my XLT back by the house." So I decided NOT to walk back over and pick it up but that I would Drive through the open field to get it, and that's what we did. I started hearing this noise that sounded like someone throwing rocks at my car and then a nail bounced off the windshield. I pulled up right next to the XLT and BB leaned out amid the flying nails and shrapnel from my car and grabbed his machine. :o Then we were off!

We made it back to BB's place and I surveyed the damage. I don't even want to talk about it, is how bad it is. Does anyone know a good body shop???

(BTW I told BB I thought it was a V Nickel as well, he just laughed at me.)

Thought you might to gargle with this Mastereagle since the only thing coming out of your mouth is Cr*p.

Attachments

• colon%20cleanse-2_edited-1.jpg
    colon%20cleanse-2_edited-1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 506
Well according to BB we HAD a GREAT place to hunt. Wonder why those places never seem to work out. . . . . . :icon_scratch: :-\

I understand MO_John. BB and I were lamenting the lack of primo detecting places lately.......

BB you might want to type in complete sentences. Some people's brains cannot function the way yours does. ::) :wink: ;D

I wanted to thank you both for the material!
Just finishing my doctoral thesis in abnormal psycology!

I really hope you have even half as much fun on your hunts as I have reading about them.

Best of Luck,
Mark

Well, here I am laughing very hard over a very enjoyable post. I'd love to be able to hunt with you guys. You're hilarious!!

It was nice meeting both of you at CTH2.

dtw

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back