What's new

Bandidio II µMax at the beach?

VaGlock

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 23, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only have this one detector, it works great at home. I was wondering what I might expect at the beach (NC). It has the original 8" coil. This will be my first attempt, not expecting Sand Shark / Tiger Shark results, but don't want to spend a lot of time if this machine is not capable. Anyone have any experience with this Tesoro on the beach?
 
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. I think it will do just fine if you stay on the dry sand. I don’t know if it’s a waterproof detector. Good luck.
 
It will work well at all in the wet sand, will be okay in the dry sand.
 
It will work well at all in the wet sand, will be okay in the dry sand.

If I am reading what I think you meant "It will NOT work well at all in the wet sand" is that because of the salt / mineral content?
 
If I am reading what I think you meant "It will NOT work well at all in the wet sand" is that because of the salt / mineral content?

Yes, salt is composed metal minerals, detector will think there is metal everywhere, only way is to turn sensitivity way down but doing so loses depth quickly so you end up only hunting a couple inches deep. Gold is denser than sand and sinks till it hits something to stop it from sinking, on beach 99.9% of lost gold is deeper than a couple inches.
 
Last edited:
Thanks, I guess I will work the towel line and see if I can find more than Trash.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom