What's new

Bank charges me 50c a roll... normal?

aaron7

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2005
Messages
274
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Location
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
My bank, which I'm a member of, charges me 50c a roll for coins. Be it pennies, dimes... what have you.

They said it was due to people buying them up and returning them a day later.

Anyone else run into this?
 
Upvote 0
Not yet. I think my local banks charge to dump coins because of CRH, lol. One bank the coin counter had a sighn that said, As of July 1st 2009 there is a charge to use this machine. Once one bank does something, if they can get away with it, the rest will follow. I never liked the coinstar idea when it first came out, I still refuse to pay a percent to redeem my coins. I thought the Coinstar concept would go away, but enough people use it to make a profit for someone.
 
Aaron , Not for long they don't ! You'll go elsewhere - Not sure they can legally charge a dollar
for a 50 cent roll of pennies . Argentium.
 
No it's not, and should be reported to the manager.

HH
Rich
 
That is absurd! Banks already charge you $10 a month just for the privilege of doing business with them, now they are charging for each individual service? Greed, man, pure, unrestrained, exploitation and greed. Next time, tell them you were going to charge them an extra 50 cents per roll as a 'bailout fee', but you've decided to use that to cancel out their fee, so you're even. Crooks!
 
"My bank, which I'm a member of, charges me 50c a roll for coins. Be it pennies, dimes... what have you."

Well at .50 for a roll of pennies you would break even but on a $10 roll of halfs you would make $9.50. Oooo, go for the $25 rolls of presidential dollars. :laughing7: :laughing7:






Ahem, sorry couldn't resist. I'd speak to the manager and depending on that conversation may just move on to another bank without the fees.
 
EpsilonMinus said:
That is absurd! Banks already charge you $10 a month just for the privilege of doing business with them, now they are charging for each individual service? Greed, man, pure, unrestrained, exploitation and greed. Next time, tell them you were going to charge them an extra 50 cents per roll as a 'bailout fee', but you've decided to use that to cancel out their fee, so you're even. Crooks!

what I don't think I pay 10/month...?

just go to a non fee bank
 
I think they would like you to go somewhere else for your coins... :o

Maine_Jim
 
That is not normal. You must have some fierce competition in your area and several hunters with bad habits like buying coin then going through them just to bring them right back in. Go elsewhere.

golden silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom