bank of america will not order for me...

Well poop... :icon_scratch: I just placed a two box order at a BOA. I don't even have an account, the teller did not ask and I did not offer this info. We'll see if they come in next Thursday as promised. I will open an account if need be.

Also did this at a WF branch this afternoon for one box, no WF account either.

Good Luck with the other branches. John HH

Yagershots said:
Well poop... :icon_scratch: I just placed a two box order at a BOA. I don't even have an account, the teller did not ask and I did not offer this info. We'll see if they come in next Thursday as promised. I will open an account if need be.

LUCKY.... well post if WF does it free... they apparently got a 7.50 box fee which is fairly new but is policy...

I guess with all the CRHing going on banks are getting tired of it. I only have one bank that will order boxes for me for free if I want them, and that is probably because in my CRHing retirement I am only getting them sporadically.

All the other banks where I used to get them from are now charging, anywhere from $3 to $15 per box. And many banks with coin counters are now saying that their machine is out of order or that when it breaks one more time they are not going to fix it and will have it removed from the bank.

Unfortunately a CRHer started dumping at a bank that used to sell to me off the machine when the bag filled. He dumps there every week so I stopped buying it. If I want a bunch of skunks I can just get some boxes. ;D

Jim

d2arcing said:
Yagershots said:

LUCKY.... well post if WF does it free... they apparently got a 7.50 box fee which is fairly new but is policy...

No Fees at either bank... I asked before I placed the orders. Hope that does not change when I go to pick up. I've been stopping at these banks for a while now and the tellers know me as the guy who asks for the odd coinage. John HH

BofA, WF, Chase, regional/local banks, have all told me they can't order half dollars. BoA told me they tried once (for another person) and the order got refused by Brinks. There is a bank out of the way that's willing to order but I don't care to drive a 60 mile roundtrip to get skunked ^^

I've found that the local bank I've used for a while is willing to order, but only 1 box at a time because of weight limits. It works fine because I'm usually too busy to do much more. Besides that, they're incredibly reliable. I've been surprised by them more than once because I completely forgot that I was supposed to get a box that day.

My branch didnt order my $1000 in dimes this week, they called to apologize and said they would order $2000 for next week. I said just get a box of halfs instead. There has been to many boxes of 2011s lately. HH

I get halves all the time from Bof A. Must be a local or branch thing. The wife has an account there now, but I ordered them before too, when she didn't even have an account there.

I thought you were able to boxes of halves last week. Didn't you get a decent haul?

As far as banks, ask around.. it's been brought up here a lot. If one doesn't.. another will even if it's the same banking system. I've had one bank that let me order, refuse me for a while saying it's not an option, and then I got in good with the people ordering and they let me do it now again. It's all up to the people working there.

Every branch is different. One WF in my area will order for me for free, while most will try to charge me a $7.50 fee. I recently had some "fun" trying to order with a bank called America First Credit Union. I placed 2 box orders at about 5 different locations. Only to have 3 locations back out because "it costs the bank too much money," and to have one of the locations get the order in, but then cut me off from ordering again. One Zions Bank in my area said they could order 2 boxes of Halves for free, another is willing to do 2 Dime boxes for free, and another tried to charge me fees.

Well here is my experience:

I have one bank that will only order 1 box of halves per week. Same bank, different branch allows me to order about anything I want. Generally, I pick up 6 boxes of halves and 6 boxes of dimes per week with a nickel or cent box thrown in to boot. They place everthing on a dolly and bring it (and load the boxes) in my car. I do buy pizza and give lottery tickets every now and then. My gut says it is just if the head teller wants to fool with ordering or not. Maybe each branch has a limit? Maybe not. :dontknow:

It is getting to be that time of year again when I will have to slow down on CRHing. Almost "Back to School."

apush :read2:

This is crazy, BofA is the one bank that I've NEVER had a branch say no to me. I have 3 branches that I order halves and dimes from on a weekly basis and 4 others that I've gotten boxes from on a one time deal but all 4 expressed willingness to order more for me - I just decided not to to be more diversified...

Are you trying to order in person or over the phone?

db23 said:
This is crazy, BofA is the one bank that I've NEVER had a branch say no to me. I have 3 branches that I order halves and dimes from on a weekly basis and 4 others that I've gotten boxes from on a one time deal but all 4 expressed willingness to order more for me - I just decided not to to be more diversified...

Are you trying to order in person or over the phone?

I went in person... one branch had 2 tellers other had 3 tellers. around here they have done some major cutting back on tellers...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back