banks starting to not let you order boxes?

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
TD Bank has told me that they will not order boxes of halves for me, although they will order dimes and quarters.

I have started hearing that some banks are getting ticked at having to order boxes as it costs them money to do that. On hearing that I am thinking of spreading out my ordering between 2 or 3 banks so I only order a couple boxes from each bank once a month, more or less.

At TD I have a very large account (actually 6 accounts there spreading the money out) and have been ordering dimes and if they try to cut me off I will sit down with them and threaten to leave.

Anyhow I have to pay attention to where I get the boxes so I don't use them as a dump bank, but having 14 banks with coin counters I can give up 3 or 4 to use to order boxes.

Starting to have to pay attention to where I get things and make a plan

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just thought about them

seein' the stinky end of Ben Cartwrights "hoss" :laughing7: AND Ben's :censored: :laughing9:,

riding off with the loot in a cloud of dust---

they may need to get a harmonica to change their tune, as they Hop and Sing :happysmiley: while beggin' to retain your accounts :icon_biggrin:

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the key may be to avoid getting shut down is to spread the wealth. I like halves so far have 2 banks that will order them for me, going to check a couple others. I would like to do 2 boxes of halves a week, quick to go through but takes a while to dump them. If I only go to each half bank once a month I think they wouldn't get tired of me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread