captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011
I think it depends on your location. I have several banks that keep about five boxes on hand for me. They alo let me buy and search out of the machine.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
I dont no how much you keep in your account, but if you had 15 or twenty grand in there ,i bet they would sing a differant tune. good luck and happy hunting.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
treeslayer said:
I dont no how much you keep in your account, but if you had 15 or twenty grand in there ,i bet they would sing a differant tune. good luck and happy hunting.

not neccesarily , my main bank that i had kept 20 grand in for 10 years charges me while other banks dont even ask if i have an account order for free go figure

Hortstu

May 10, 2011
treeslayer said:

I had two accounts with one bank. Over 20k in total. They wouldn't budge even though I threatened to close the accounts. Wouldn't even give me halves for a fee!

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Totally depends on bank. My main account has over 15K in it and they charge me if I want to order boxes. I have 6 other banks that I have opened kids accounts at and they have less than $50. All these banks gladly order me boxes for free--go figure.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had to open a free checking account and the banks will order me halfs for free. They willlet me order as many as I want just as long I getg them all within the week. So I order like 8 boxes and do 2 a night.......Matt

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Only bank that gives me a problem ordering is Chase, and that's only repetitive orders. I can usually get Chase to order for me 1-2 times but then they don't want to see me again. Other banks, if one branch says no I just call another one.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
after joining about 20 banks and regularly going to a large number of them - asking to order 1-2 boxes and any of them on occasion hasnt been a problem. In fact the only banks to say no to me are the TDs [i only asked those without penny] and my local wells which says they cant even tho the one in a town over will.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions