What's new

Banks w/ Coin Sorting Machines

The only place I've seen one in central California is the Union Bank of California. I was going to open an account there to use the machine but the account manager said it was always breaking down and most people still had to roll their coins and take them to the counter. So I said no thanks to the new account and left.
 
Fwiw , I dont have access to many coin machines here but if one branch has them they all do... that is from my experiences , Ed
 
do you have a TD Bank near you?....they are formerly Commerce Bank....they have free coin counters in thier lobby and don't require an account. i have seen coin counters in other banks but only some of the branches of the same bank have them and others don't.
 
You can find that out by making calls....My tiny credit union has the best and one of the rare counters, free for a min balance of $5k, otherwise it's 3-5% for members. FFD
 
Lucky Jack said:
The only place I've seen one in central California is the Union Bank of California. I was going to open an account there to use the machine but the account manager said it was always breaking down and most people still had to roll their coins and take them to the counter. So I said no thanks to the new account and left.

I use Union Bank all of the time and the machines do seem to breakdown a lot....Fortunately, I have about 10 local branches and if one machine is down I just go on to the next. ;D My problem is I usually fill up the machines! I've come up with a system that helps with that. I usually only fill up a machine (bag needs to be changed by a teller) at a branch every other visit. That way they don't hate me too much....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom