What's new

Barber, another Walker half and more!

frogginfish

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
493
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went to my neighbor across the street that recently gave me the green light to dig. I start with some clad pennies and a quarter...then around some shrubs, I start getting all kinds of high tones with the AT Pro. I begin digging with a couple of wheaties. Then I uncover a sweet 1934 Union Pacific lucky token. But that ain't all...lol
Close the the bush I get a perfect 91-92 signal only a few inches down. So I dig my plug -- and I see big silver roundness!! I call my wife who comes over with the oldest boy. I tell him to grab it and check it out. 1918 Walker!!!!!
Just a few feet from that I get a good 80-81 signal. I dig my plug expecting a memorial...and I see tiny silver. I'm thinking Merc or at the least a silver Rosie. ..oh hell no...my FIRST Barber dime 1911!! She's worn but still can make out the date! I was super excited!!
I start taking my time and swinging slow but the light was waning...didn't have much time. I get a nice high tone and and dig my plug. The pin pointer goes off in the clump. I fiddle with the dirt and I discover what looks like some sort of button with an anchor on one side. Not exactly sure what it is but still a cool find for me!
Thanks for reading and happy hunting!!
 

Attachments

  • 1444871426892.webp
    1444871426892.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 1444871438386.webp
    1444871438386.webp
    118.5 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 30
That's a damn great day!!! Keep that head high my friend! Awesome finds!
 
Sorry...here is the front pic...lol
 

Attachments

  • 1444872409704.webp
    1444872409704.webp
    101 KB · Views: 120
Great hunt congrats on your silvers.
 
Dang, what a day!
 
beautiful finds, my man. Congrats! Silver half is still on my bucket list.
 
Congrats on your first Barber, and your other finds. Love those Barbers, but the Walker in my opinion is the most beautiful US Coin
 
Very well done. Congrats on the really nice finds. That speeding train is really sweet... shame they didn't make those out of silver. Best of luck to you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom