New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out hunting with little Johnny, we were trying what looks like an old swimming hole. He thought it was going to be warm enough to go in the water (going to be hard to keep him out of the water) We didn't have much luck there so I suggested we try the soybean fields where I found my last Real. Twenty minutes into it I popped this sweet thing out of the ground. I also found a couple buttons, poor Johnny got skunked.

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

20160221_154733.jpg20160221_163942.jpg20160221_180046.jpg20160221_180108.jpg

Upvote 27
Great finds that barber is sweet and I do love them flat buttons

Awesome! Looks like it was fresh from the mint! Congrats!

It is a good thing Johnny learns early it can't be all gravy all The time, besides he has done well.
He's a great kid.

Nice Barber Brad,
I can see you saying ahh, ahh as your swinging over it

Very cool nipple button Brad. Who doesn't like a Barber? Tell Johnny to keep at it. His day is coming!

GREAT BARBER !! and nice flat buttons, Congrats and HH

Nice Barber Brad,
I can see you saying ahh, ahh as your swinging over it
Don't you know it. I had John come over and check that signal. He watched the whole thing.

great find from the people's republic - grats
thanks

Awesome! Looks like it was fresh from the mint! Congrats!

It is a good thing Johnny learns early it can't be all gravy all The time, besides he has done well.
He's a great kid.
Thanks

Great finds that barber is sweet and I do love them flat buttons
Thanks Chris

Nice. A Barber quarter still eludes me.
I like this one, only eight million made and first off the series

Very cool nipple button Brad. Who doesn't like a Barber? Tell Johnny to keep at it. His day is coming!
I love nipples

GREAT BARBER !! and nice flat buttons, Congrats and HH
Thanks

Very nice finds congrats
Thanks Art

Nice large silver find! Congratualtions!

Not just a Barber quarter, but a very nice one and first year of issue to boot. Nice going.

I've found a few of these and it seems that every time I do, when I uncover the coin, the eagle side is always the side I see first.
Also, most of the ones I found had this darker sort of corrosion and it caused the eagle and stars to just leap out at ya! An
unforgettable sight!

Congrats!

Nice large silver find! Congratualtions!
Thank you

Not just a Barber quarter, but a very nice one and first year of issue to boot. Nice going.
https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/barber-quarters-pscid-36/1892-25c-ms-coinid-15601
It amazes me, I would figure this a low mintage? Coin values will never cease to amaze me. I guess I always look at the mintage first, I'm used to seeing 40 to 80 million Haaaa lol
Thanks

Beautiful barber!!! :thumbsup:
Thank you buddy

I've found a few of these and it seems that every time I do, when I uncover the coin, the eagle side is always the side I see first.
Also, most of the ones I found had this darker sort of corrosion and it caused the eagle and stars to just leap out at ya! An
unforgettable sight!

Congrats!
That is so funny Gary, it was like you were there. Johnny was right there, I had him check the signal, I wanted him to hear it. It sounded like it was on edge, just a little off. I told him it sounded good but maybe not a coin. It was deep, about 9 inches and when I pulled it out of the clod Johnny said "oh it's just a Quarter" I very carefully knocked off some dirt and caught a glimpse of silver. First thing we seen was the double winged eagle!
Thanks buddy

Sweet Barber, ,
Congrats
Thank you brother.

Update, the bigger button has a backmark I forgot to look at, busy man, I was in a hurry to get in the recliner.
Says "*RICH*TREBLE*GILT*"

Well done Brad. Good to see you out hunting, and scoring! Well played brother.

Deusssssssssss!
Nice digs!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back