What's new

Baseball, the Law, Hookers and Shoe Buckle?

tcornel

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2011
Messages
462
Reaction score
706
Golden Thread
0
Location
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am working an old coal (mid 1800's) miners company housing area that is now just farmhouses.

Quite the assortment of horse tack and other items.

My favorite is the ladies heel plate with the club stamped out. Quite the history on this, especially who wore them. Considering that this was found a few hundred feet from the mine entrance it should not surprise me!
I would imagine the house (not there now) was quite busy around payday!

The kids were active in the next century as evidenced by the Texas Ranger Sheriff badge and the Dodgers ring. Can anyone identify the ring as I am thinking this must have been for the Brooklyn
Dodgers???

Last but not least is the rectangular, curved brass item that I think was what is left from a shoe buckle? Approximate age?

The area is rich in things to find. V nickels, shield nickels, a couple silver rings, cow bell, sleigh bell, indian head pennies and older wheats. I am working the housing area first then will go to around the mine entrance where I know there was a stable and old RR.

Any help with the ID's will be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • Badge, buckle resized.webp
    Badge, buckle resized.webp
    65.4 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC00005.webp
    DSC00005.webp
    467 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00007.webp
    DSC00007.webp
    91.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 102_2251.webp
    102_2251.webp
    54 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 20
What neat finds .. toy badges rank among my favorites! That ring is pretty darned neat as well! Great stuff!
 
Those heel plates usually show up with the hearts on them. The club version seems to be more rare. Now go out and find a diamond and a spade one and we can start playing "heel plate" cards.
 
Congrats on your assorment of finds - I second the badge & Dodger ring as being my favorites - is that an old tube of lip stick? Anyway thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us and I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Yes, lipstick tube. Maybe belonged to the lady who wore the heel plate! It came from the same house. :dontknow:
 
Nice finds, and neat history.
 
I don't think that is a shoe buckle. The frame on a shoe buckle is thinner and stout (more robust), that one looks flatter and like it would bend during use. It looks more like a sash buckle to me. I found this one a while back, and that's what someone told me.

I like the ring... hope it turns out to be Brooklyn.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140810_180459_713-1.webp
    IMG_20140810_180459_713-1.webp
    211.9 KB · Views: 100
Nice finds!! Especially the Dodgers ring. Could it be a unique ring made by a fan?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom