What's new

Bass mistakes wetsuit strap for snake

abeach01

Jr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2010
Messages
60
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
1
Location
USA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXCALIBUR X10
I was out night hunting and was in a body glove shorty wetsuit that the strap has body glove wrote on it in many places in white letters on black. When entering the water it was quite quiet so i went straight to the deep water. I got about chest deep when a big splash happened right behind me and my wetsuit was then unzipped half way down with a big tug. I could not figure it out only that a big bass saw the strap slithering across the bouy line so he thought it was a yummy snake and hit it. Never in 18 years of hunting have I had a fish that big hit me. I hit big catfish all the time with my wot coil that sometimes jerk my arm quite hard, \i even had a fish get caught in my coil and stripped the wire causing it to false out. FUNNY.....
 
Upvote 0
maybe a muskie :o
 
Just imagine a 6 ft Jewfish sucking your fin into it's mouth when you are concentrating on the fish you want to spear in front of you....
I though my diving buddy was being an ass, and I turned to give him a dirty look, and saw the monster grouper spit out my fin... And my freediving fins are almost 4 ft long!
 
Nice story...LOL Now you'll have guys cutting off the strap on the wet suits in the dive shops to use them on Lunker Bass. :thumbsup:
 
Years a ago I was in the water at Cocoa beach. I was just out in waist deep water by the fishing pier.
I was using my old Excalibur with the sea search "horseshoe head" coil on it. All of the sudden I see this long dark shadow in the water hit my coil. It bit down on my coil and tried to take off with it. It hit it so hard it yanked it right out of my hands. But I had the main unit hip mounted. So once it got a few feet away, it ran out of cable and got yanked back out of its mouth. I was back peddeling so fast, I suddenly became like god and was walking on water. Still dragging my detector thru the water behind me. My hunting partner came up and asked what was going on. I told him and he just about fell over laughing. Its funny now and a great story, but back then I needed to find a bathroom and clean out my pants !!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
interesting story

A few weeks ago I had a horseshoe crab that wouldn't leave my SeaHunter coil alone. It attached itself to it I guess to mate with it :laughing9: :laughing9: I pulled it and the coil out of the water and finally got him to detach from it.....poor coil.
 
LOL a couple of weeks ago I had a snapping turtle check out my scoop and Excal it freaked my out. I had to bump him\her on the shell with my scoop to get it to go. It was making a bee line strait for me I could see it's trail in the sand the rest of my hunt I kept looking over my shoulder lol.
HH-drewan
 
When i am night hunting in the ocean many times i feel a fish bump into my legs. And everytime it happens you see a grown 51 year old man jump and walk on water. i think it is striped bass. i see them follow me when i open up a hole then they immediately jump in and start feeding. i had 2 bass follow me for a half an hour patiently waiting for me to leave the hole so they can eat.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom