OP
OP
ozbach

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac/ xp Deus?/equinox 800
Well here we go again....bought a new 11" coil for my deus right after my detecting buddie bought his......we are both having issues with the new 11" coils...our 9 inch coils that the factory replaced are still doing awesome.....the problem with the 11" coils are kinda strange....one day you will charge it up...and it will show full bars.....but will drop fast to 2 bars or just show one bar and start flashing after you hunt for about 2 hours....i have not had mine that long and its doing the same as his.....im charging it now and going to take it off the charger to see how long it actually lasts until it flashes.....im wondering if alot of these coils had older batterys put in them when assembled????

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
if you dont want to wait its a 10 minute job to unscew back, unplug old and plug in a new battery after aquiring 1 from sparkfun or off the bay .there is no mystical black magic involved in deus batterys
the battery is stuck in with double sided tape so just lever it off .headphones have the same battery system
coil battery has to be sliced out and then a new 1 repotted in the black sticky goo , see youtube video

CoNtAcT2000

Greenie
Feb 11, 2011
which Software Version did you use? There's a bug for the battery status in Version 3.1! If you use that version upgrade to 3.2!

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell you what I would do. Reload version 3.2 with your 11" coil installed. Won't hurt a thing. Sounds like your coils in question were set up with a previous version.

OP
OP
ozbach

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Tell you what I would do. Reload version 3.2 with your 11" coil installed. Won't hurt a thing. Sounds like your coils in question were set up with a previous version.
I might just try that......after charging battery it wont show full at all now, even fresh off the charger

ecoast

Sep 12, 2013
The Highlands of NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, V3i, DeepTech Vista SMART, ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you are hunting in 4khz, which is at tx pwr 3, it may account for the faster discharge

OP
OP
ozbach

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Thanks TNSHARPSHOOTER that did the trick.......I will let my buddy know also...shows full charge now!!!!!!

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks TNSHARPSHOOTER that did the trick.......I will let my buddy know also...shows full charge now!!!!!!

Awesome! Glad this has all panned out in your favor!

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great News Ozbach!! Now get out and bust some sod with your secret weapon..

OP
OP
ozbach

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Great News Ozbach!! Now get out and bust some sod with your secret weapon..
already have got a 1941 silver quarter and a semi key date 1914s wheat back......we did my buddies deus too and both coils are working flawless.....thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread