battery getting bad in my friends Deus

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac/ xp Deus?/equinox 800
Just yesterday my buddy was hunting with me, and I was using my Deus also....before the 5 or 6 hour hunt was over his battery went from full charge to complete dead....mine was still full.......so we went out today after work for about 2 hours...he charged his up lastnight.....well it went from full to about half-ish just in 2 hours .....its just his coil battery....anyone else have this problem, we both just got these just months ago....i think he only has about 12 charges on his....any suggestions?

biggziff

Oct 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
XLT, Deus, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call XP and they'll take care of it. 5 year warranty on these.

It should be noted that LiPo battery chemistry doesn't like being stored for long periods fully charged so if you want to extend the life of your batteries leave them partially discharged when not in use for more than 3 days.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just yesterday my buddy was hunting with me, and I was using my Deus also....before the 5 or 6 hour hunt was over his battery went from full charge to complete dead....mine was still full.......so we went out today after work for about 2 hours...he charged his up lastnight.....well it went from full to about half-ish just in 2 hours .....its just his coil battery....anyone else have this problem, we both just got these just months ago....i think he only has about 12 charges on his....any suggestions?

Have him call XP. They are excellent on their customer service. If you need any help feel free to contact me, be glad to help any way I can.

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good thing you mentioned that,,i'll keep that in mind

Call XP and they'll take care of it. 5 year warranty on these.

It should be noted that LiPo battery chemistry doesn't like being stored for long periods fully charged so if you want to extend the life of your batteries leave them partially discharged when not in use for more than 3 days.

biggziff

Oct 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
XLT, Deus, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good thing you mentioned that,,i'll keep that in mind

No worries. I have thousands tied up in LiPo for RC aircraft and another boat load tied up in sophisticated computer chargers that all have a "Storage" mode which will either charge or discharge cells to a certain voltage to prep them for storage. I'm going to build a lead for the coils on my Deus so that I can use one of my programmable LiPo chargers to cycle and properly store those batteries. Might buy me another year or so worth of life from the coil battery.

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
before i read your post i was actually gonna charge up all my devices then put them away...whats the ideal range to store these batteries? winter is coming up on me and id like to store mine in its most ideal form...would you say 50% or 75%-80%?

No worries. I have thousands tied up in LiPo for RC aircraft and another boat load tied up in sophisticated computer chargers that all have a "Storage" mode which will either charge or discharge cells to a certain voltage to prep them for storage. I'm going to build a lead for the coils on my Deus so that I can use one of my programmable LiPo chargers to cycle and properly store those batteries. Might buy me another year or so worth of life from the coil battery.

biggziff

Oct 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
XLT, Deus, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally 3.8 - 3.85 volts per cell. So if these are 1S (one cell) it'll be 3.8 V, if they're 2S then 7.6 V., etc

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for that input man that should help lots of us!

OP
OP
ozbach

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
update.....his Deus was sent in last week and it will be here this coming monday....thats some good service!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
update.....his Deus was sent in last week and it will be here this coming monday....thats some good service!

I have seen XP bend over backwards for customers. Love their service! ;)

OP
OP
ozbach

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
update#2 they replaced my friends coil....its working great, but as of yesterday mine is now dying way to fast, it was fully charged the night before and lasted 3 1/2 hours before the battery was low enough to start flashing.......so i charged it up fully then turned it on this morning and its already dropped down a bar from just sitting over night with no use.....kind of odd....looks like i will have to send mine in too

biggziff

Oct 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
XLT, Deus, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
update#2 they replaced my friends coil....its working great, but as of yesterday mine is now dying way to fast, it was fully charged the night before and lasted 3 1/2 hours before the battery was low enough to start flashing.......so i charged it up fully then turned it on this morning and its already dropped down a bar from just sitting over night with no use.....kind of odd....looks like i will have to send mine in too

How old is your coil?

Where do you store it? What material does it sit on (concrete maybe?)

OP
OP
ozbach

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
5 months old..... just sent it in....they are going to send me a new coil.....great people to talk to and awesome customer service!

OP
OP
ozbach

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
How old is your coil?

Where do you store it? What material does it sit on (concrete maybe?)
5 months old sits in the computer room on carpet floor no crazy temp. changes...and charged with the factory wall charger....when the coil battery decides to get bad...it does it instantly.it was working great 2 days ago

OP
OP
ozbach

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
update#3....looks like i may need to give them a call....sent my coil in on the 19th...they recived it on the 21st have not heard back from them yet...update#4 ok called them and they shipped my new coil on the 22nd.....they gave me a tracking # and its in my state now....should be here on the 4th...yahoo!

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Their CS at XP is great!

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart's right I had a customer who's had his DEUS since they first came to America, and his battery went out on him, he sent his coil in and they replaced it, a week later he had his coil back now he did overnight it to them but still 6 days they had to of taken care of it the day it came in the door!! They are good people over there!! A++ Customer Service.
Vance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread