Battery help

BBJJBB

Apr 12, 2022
I am wondering what kind of AA batteries MX Sport users or any other brand find are best. I currently run 1.5V AA NUON alkaline batteries. I understand that for maximum performance 1.5V alkaline are best. I have read on line that using rechargeable batteries tend to only be 1.2V and are not optimal. Any suggestions on switching to a rechargeable and what kind since there are a couple different kinds and/or makes of rechargeable batteries. I can't even find a proper rechargeable 1.5V and I can't seem to get an answer if they make rechargeable alkaline which would be my choice.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Go on Amazon & YouTube and look at EBL, Amazon basics and Enloop reviews. Check out the Li-ion rechargeables.

Also research smart chargers that let the user choose lower milliamp (ma) charge rates (fast chargers shorten bat life). Chargers that charge the individual cell instead of pairs would be more desirable.

Batteries with higher (2500 ma) capacities last longer.

Remember alkalines drop off in a linear fashion over time when used. While rechargeables stay at the same rate then drop at the last moment.

Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread