Battery-powered concrete vibrator for gold, would this work?

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've been mining out an area by hand by just simply putting the gold-bearing gravel in 5 gallon buckets to process later, but it can be really difficult carrying it out when it's really heavy. Would using a concrete vibrator on the gravel work to settle the gold to the very bottom of the bucket, then I just dump out most of the gravel?

Upvote 2

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I've been mining out an area by hand by just simply putting the gold-bearing gravel in 5 gallon buckets to process later, but it can be really difficult carrying it out when it's really heavy. Would using a concrete vibrator on the gravel work to settle the gold to the very bottom of the bucket, then I just dump out most of the gravel?

Not enough 'fluid bed action' to work consistently for even results. The other factor is way to slow for consistent results.

The HF air powered paint shaker has a better action as far as a 'fluid bed action' however only 7 - 10lbs. at a time for dry weight.

OP
OP
F

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not enough 'fluid bed action' to work consistently for even results. The other factor is way to slow for consistent results.

The HF air powered paint shaker has a better action as far as a 'fluid bed action' however only 7 - 10lbs. at a time for dry weight.
What about a cement mixer, would that work instead?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rent one at home depot and see how it does. It's a good thought imo.

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Twentynine Palms, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been trying to classify waste pile material to get the ultra fine gold that's in it.

I guess you could go the other way, and determine the size range you'd be willing to deal with, and classify with appropriate bucket screens.

If you don't want to deal with hand shaking a bucket for hours on end, like I've done in the past while placer mining, there is an alternative, though fairly expensive, $500. I believe it's called an Earthquake classifier that runs on 12 volts.

Or you can probably build your own a lot cheaper. I plan on building one that doesn't need the bucket in the hole, just the classifier and tarp to catch my sifted material.

All you'd need to do is spread a tarp, put in the classifier screen, turn it on, and start shoveling. Of course, you'd have to run the material twice to get the size range desired.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
These methods have crossed my mind too.
Anything to make it easier within reason would be worth a try in my opinion.
If it helps to move more material with less effort you can't really go wrong and I'm sure the results would show by the end of your dig.
Getting the gold to drop to the bottom of the bucket would take a certain amount of aggressive action but how much exactly is worth consideration.
The concrete vibrators wouldn't provide any shaking but they would stratify it enough and loosen it up to stir while vibrating which would make a difference.

Great topic tho! Save your back!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I've got 2 120 vac industrial vibrators that would shake the snot out of your cons ! They are NOT large at all ! Your handy, so make a stack of various classifier screens and ech of them have a out put for the waste rock to deal with latter . . all of these screens should have a water spray to clean off the fines as they get screened as they go through the classifying screens . Now they should be at a manageable size to deal with and on the last two screens , I'd place Rare Earth Magnets across each separate screen to help remove the Magnetic Black Sands. Now this ought to run real nice across your new table to help capture that fine gold ! Here's to you !

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had this idea of making a platform to clamp the bottom of the 5gal. pale and band and stationary clamp a cordless Saber saw to shack the heck out of the bucket of cons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions